Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET Write a DataSet to XML and Save in a Zip Folder

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #20062 |

I need a little help with saving a DataSet as an XML file directly to a ZipFile that is created with the following code. I’m saving the as DataSet.WriteXML(Stream) and

ZipFile =

New DiskFile(NewZipFileDialog.FileName)
    If ZipFile.Exists Then
    ZipFile.Delete()
    End If
    ZipFile.Create()

I can save the Dataset as XML to a file and then copy it but I would like to skip that step and write it to a stream and save the stream directly into the ZipFile, but I’m getting a bit lost.

Thanks

Bill

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by William (had 3187 views)

User (Old forums)

I suggest you use Real-Time Zip for .NET, which will permit you to write your stream directly into a zip file.

You can find a sample on how to do this by going to Start -> All Programs -> Xceed Components -> Our Components In Action -> Xceed FileSystem Snippet Explorer.

Look at the “8. Real-Time Zip capabilities” topic.

There is also the “Task-Based Help” topic in the documentation that gives examples on how to use it.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 365 views)

User (Old forums)

What was the first version to Data Manipulation Suite to include Real time zip?  I have the 2007 version and I don’t think that it is included.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by William (had 616 views)

User (Old forums)

Real-Time Zip for .NET was introduced in november 2007, so if you bought the product before, then it is not included in your suite.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 3708 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.