Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Wrapping Grid Component with interop for VB6 usage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #15678 |

Hi there,
    I will immediately buy this tool if I get the COM-interop running:

I downloaded the demo an compiled a windows control library with a simple grid view in VS 2005 (VB). I also set the “Register for COM interop” option.

So finally I got an component for use with VB6. But I get an error on loading a new instance called “Run-time error 743, Unable to create or activate a new instance of ….”.

When compile the component without a grid (but a button or a frame instead), all things are working fine.

Is this because the demo version?
    Are there licence issues?
    Can Xceed-controls been wrapped with the interop layer?

Any comments are welcome…

Greetings from freakin’ cold Germany, Tilmann

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Tilmann (had 3113 views)

Xceed Support

The error looks like a licensing issue. It might be possible to use our grid within COM interop. However, chances are you will have some issue with our Editors, some events might not work, etc.

In short, you can try it, but we do not support it and we do not provide bug fixes regarding specific issues you could face when wrapping the control.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 248 views)

User (Old forums)

Charles,

thanks for your response.
    But I cannot buy a license to check if the bug is license related or not.

Tilmann

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Tilmann (had 283 views)

Xceed Support

A license issue meaning that there is a licensing error when our Grid is called from within a VB6 wrapper. Having a trial or a registered key is not the issue here, it’s more the interaction of our license method with the VB6 wrapper.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 3854 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.