Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Wish list for next release

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Spectator
    #12590 |

What would you like to see in the next version of Xceed Grid for .NET?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 27329 views)

User (Old forums)

-Implement ICloneable.
    this would be extremely useful to correctly print a grid.
    it would allow to clone a grid and then format the invisible clone for printing purposes(stylesheets, resize, special treatments, etc…) without it affecting the grid displayed to the user (like the memberwiseclone does)

-TextRows(or a class deriving it) allowing to have Editors\Viewers just like cells can

-Panels that could be used as Viewers \ editors
    i think its already possible to use a panel as a celleditor though i have’nt tried it before, but it would be very very nice if they could paint themselves as viewers, even if that would force me to provide one instance per cell.

-Possibility to add non-datarows in the middle of the grid more easily ( i can do it with a dirty workaround, that is grouping datarows by their primary key so i have one group per datarow, and then add a textrow to the desired datarows footer/header rows

thats all i can think of now but that would really help make a great product greater. 8)

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Louis (had 982 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Thanks Louis – we’re currently at work on v2.0 of the grid. Those all sound like good suggestions.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 809 views)

User (Old forums)

– Grid Appearance
    Save column size, row size, column sort, column order
    (and later apply them to the grid again)
    So next time the user open the application, then these settings are the same.

Maybe: saveGridSettingsToXML() and loadGridSettingsFromXML().

Also the possiblity to get the settings as a string, so these settings could be saved in a database.

+1 for Implement ICloneable.

Odi:
    What is the release date for v2.0 of the grid ?

Regards
    C#

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by C# (had 926 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

C#, all I can say for the moment is that v2.0 will be officially released before the end of the year. Its still a tad early, even though work is progressing well, to promise an earlier release date.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 1319 views)

User (Old forums)

How about displaying hierachical reports? (i.e. Customers – Orders – Item List)?
    Is there any way of doing this right now????

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martha (had 1240 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Martha,

If by hierarchical reports you are referring to hierarchical master/detail, then for the moment it is not possible, however this is one of the major features for version 2.0 of the grid due out by the end of the year!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 812 views)

User (Old forums)

Are you thinking about making a Grid version for WebForm ?
    (ASP.NET)

Regards
    C#

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by C# (had 543 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,

One more thing i’d like to is the ControlViewer to behave the same way on InsertionRows and DataRows. Currently, the ControlViewer will only paint on InsertionRows if there is an underlying DataRow attached(when the InsertionRow is being edited).

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Louis (had 884 views)

User (Old forums)

Please make this feature work manually as well as automatically. By that, I mean that we do not use ADO datasets. We use custom collections and entities. We desperately need a hierarchical grid, but we need the ability to add the collections and “relationships” directly to the grid; bypassing any “automatic” relationship detection that you might provide.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by MBonafe (had 607 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Hi Mark,

Our grid supports true unbound use, and therefore the new master-detail feature will fully allow you to manually/programmatically define your own master-detail relationships. You won’t have to use ADO datasets to accomplish this – but you can if you want to though.

Odi

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 968 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi

Any chance of implementing the ICellViewer in a similar way to the ICellEditor internally such that any usercontrol (e.g. Panel) could be used as cell content(s), without the need for explicit painting of the constituent controls in view mode? Windows XP theming is also an issue within this context.

I’m extending the DataCell and DataRow objects via subclassing these types, but this makes it (a) difficult to mix column datatypes within the grid, (b) the burden for drawing, mouse event capture, drag/drop, scrolling etc. within the cell prohibitive. Unless I’m doing it wrong of course!

This aside a great grid!

Chris

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by darkfibre (had 921 views)

User (Old forums)

HI!

A recent customer. I just wanted to toss out a suggestion and see where you guys stand on the issue.

I read in the KB about a pseudo-way of doing this, but I’d be grateful if you produced an internal way of doing it.

A flag in a colum to ‘freeze’ that colum, or make that column be the border between two ‘panes’. There are a hundred different ways and methods and options I could mention, but I don’t want to go there in case you a) already did it, or 2) are working on it, or even III) are not going to do it.

Thanks!
    Buggi

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Buggi (had 654 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

A true freeze-column option is in the plans for v2.0. I can’t guarantee it will make it in there but it helps that you asked for it.

Odi

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 972 views)

User (Old forums)

Ok, how about another one then ^^;;

Capture the Mouse Scroll Button Click event to give the ability to scroll around the grid while holding down the scroll wheel.

Scrolling down works, holding the wheel down and moving right or left does not work. Nor does holding any of the modifier keys.

Thanks,
    Buggi

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Buggi (had 722 views)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.