Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET WinZip 9.0 Compatibility?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #19461 |

Using 2.0, attempting to read a file from a zip file generated with winzip 9.0 fails. I can enumerate the files contained within but when I call OpenRead on a resulting AbstractFile, I get a Xceed.Zip.InvalidZipStructureException’ exception in xceed.filesystem.dll with the message “The information contained in the local header does not match the information of the central header.” Is this a known problem? Is it fixed in 2.1? There is nothing fancy going on, no encryption, etc.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by sweixel (had 2253 views)

User (Old forums)

That’s strange. It should be compatible. This error indicates an inconsistency between the information stored in the central header (main directory of all files) and the local header (preceeding every file’s compressed data).

With Xceed Zip for .NET, the way to bypass this error (and other per file errors) is to handle the FileSystemEvents’ ItemException event, check if e.Exception is the exception you wish to ignore (in your case, it’s an InvalidZipStructureException) and set e.Action to ItemExceptionAction.Ignore.

Can you send an email to <mail>support@xceedsoft.com</mail> with one of the problematic zip files? I’d really like to take a look at what is the problem!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martin (had 3092 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.