Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #17172 |

I have a grid with a boolean column, which uses the WinCheckbox as the editor. I need to do something when it is checked on and off. I can’t use the ValueChanged of the field because it only gets called when you leave the cell, I want this to happen as soon as the checked property changes on the editor.

I just upgraded from v1.1 to v3.8 of the grid. Previously, I was adding a handler to the CellEditor’s CheckStateChanged event. I’ve modified the code a bit, but the CheckedChanged & CheckStateChanged events are not being fired now when I click on the checkbox in the grid.

Any help?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Wil (had 1803 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,

is the column added programmatically or by the Designer?

Designer case:

Hover the column name with he mouse, right-click on the column icon (black vertical bar + gray vertical bar), select Properties…  once in the properties, select the Event view.  Double-click the “Click” event.  Put the code you need in the event handler. 

Programming case: 

try adding something like:

void BooleanColumn_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
      DataCell dc = sender as DataCell;
      if(dc!=null)
        System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(“I should do something useful, now…”);
    }

and in the code initializing the gridControl1:

gridControl1.Columns[“myBooleanColumn”].Click += new EventHandler(BooleanColumn_Click);

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ghislain (had 1120 views)

User (Old forums)

I have a similar situation. I need to enable/disable editing of other cells in a row based on the checked value of the 1st column of the grid. The grid is being built in code. We’re using the winform grid 3.8. Here’s the relevant code:

Dim chkBox As New Xceed.Editors.WinCheckBox

Dim col1ChkBoxEditor As New Xceed.Grid.Editors.CheckBoxEditor(chkBox)

Dim col1ChkBoxViewer As New Xceed.Grid.Viewers.CheckBoxViewer(chkBox)

grid1.SingleClickEdit = True

With .Cells(“column1”)

.Value = False

.CellEditorManager = diagChkBoxEditor

.CellViewerManager = diagChkBoxViewer

End With

AddHandler .Cells(“column1”).Click, AddressOf grid_FirstColumnClicked 

The problem I’m having is the click event doesn’t fire every time. If the 1st column has focus, I get the click events. If it doesn’t, the user has to click twice to get the event to fire (on the second click). The visible state of the box does change though (i.e. the 1st click checks the box, the second unchecks it and I get the click event). I tried adding a handler to  the .Cells(“column1”).ValueChanged and it never did fire. 

What changes do I need to make to get the click to fire every time or what event should I be using?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by James (had 277 views)

User (Old forums)

Actually, my example was not quite right.  Sorry for the confusion.  The event handler must be associated to the Editor, not to the cell.

You need to subscribe to the CheckBox events through the ActivatingControl event of the CellEditorManager.  This is necessary because the editor is actually initialized only when the cell receives focus, and enters the edit mode.

e.g.:

//at Form_Load

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

AddHandler GridControl1.Columns( 0 ).CellEditorManager.ActivatingControl, AddressOf CellEditorManager_ActivatingControl

AddHandler GridControl1.Columns( 0 ).CellEditorManager.DeactivatingControl, AddressOf CellEditorManager_DeactivatingControl

End Sub

//Event handlers

Private Sub CellEditorManager_ActivatingControl( ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Xceed.Grid.Editors.CellEditorEventArgs )

Dim editor as Xceed.Editors.WinCheckBox = CType( e.Control, Xceed.Editors.WinCheckBox )

AddHandler editor.CheckedChanged, AddressOf checkBox_CheckedChanged

End Sub

Private Sub CellEditorManager_DeactivatingControl( ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Xceed.Grid.Editors.CellEditorEventArgs )

Dim editor as Xceed.Editors.WinCheckBox = CType( e.Control, Xceed.Editors.WinCheckBox )

‘this needs to be done, if not, subscriptions will pill up every time the editor is activated

RemoveHandler editor.CheckedChanged, AddressOf checkBox_CheckedChanged

End Sub

Private sub editor_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As EventArgs )

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine( CType( sender, WinCheckBox ).CheckState.ToString() )

End Sub

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ghislain (had 1731 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.