Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Which event is fired when focus moves from 1 row to other ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #15117 |

Hi,

I am new to XCeed Grid for .NET.

While going through the online documentation, I could not see any event which gets fired when the focus moves from one row to another.

There may be a situation when I need to do validation on multiple cells of a row, only when the focus is changing to some other row.

Which event do I use for such a scenario, and if the validation fails, how can I prevent the change of focus ?

Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Rajesh (had 2761 views)

User (Old forums)

I can see the LeavingEdit event, but it is fired by a Cell, not by a DataRow.

Specifically, what all events are fired by a DataRow ?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Rajesh (had 321 views)

User (Old forums)

Also, how can I use both cell-level validation and row level validation for the same row ?

I have read that “If validation is used at the row level, the values of each cell in the row will only be validated once the current row changes. ”

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Rajesh (had 324 views)

User (Old forums)

You would need to use both the Row.EndingEdit and the Cell.LeavingEdit events, but it would be redundant. It is best if you use one or the other when doing validation.

As for the specific ways to implement this, I think you have all the answers from the <a href=”http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/XceedGrid/Validating.html”>topic</a&gt; page you are referring to.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 3788 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.