Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Way to use same View in multiple controls?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #22983 |

I was wondering if there was a way to have multiple DataGridControls on one page reference the same TableView resource with the same Key. I would like to have multiple controls on one page and have all of them with the same customization, eg: removing the ColumnManagerRow. From what I’ve tried, it requires either defining multiple TableViews or having an initialization run in code on each DataGridControl.

If I attempt to have two DataGridControls reference the same TableView defined in Xaml, it returns an exception when run. Is there a way to accomplish this without having multiple views defined in Xaml?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by John (had 1849 views)

Xceed Support

Unfortunately, a View can only be used with a single DataGridControl.

This is a limitation to the fact that a FrameworkContentElement can only have one logical parent.

I could propose you an alternative, if synchronizing multiple DataGridControl is important for you:

The proposed solution would be to build a ViewFactory, that would create all the required TableView objects and bind their properties to the factory… That way, changes to the factory would be propagated to the child views… The biggest issue would be to synchronize the “[Fixed]Headers/Footers” altogether.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 2892 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.