Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Vertical Text – Header Row

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    #14264 |

Is it possible to have text in the column header row displayed vertically, ie “Customer Name” rotated CCW 90

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Vol (had 6032 views)

User (Old forums)

There is nothing built-in to allow you to do this. A good place to start looking would be using the ColumnManagerCell element and change the Paint like you want.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Matt (had 270 views)

User (Old forums)

I need to do this also.

Did you ever figure out how to do this?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Robert (had 346 views)

User (Old forums)

Okay there are three of us now. Could you be a bit more specific about the setup for overriding the paint method? I’m assuming I create a class that is of type Xceed.Grid.ColumnManagerCell like this:

public class VertTextHeader : XceedGrid.ColumnManagerCell
    {
    }

Great. now how to I get a grid to use my ColumnManagerCell instead of its own? Do I let the designer assign a ColumnManagerCell in the InitializeComponent() call and then re-assign it in my code or do something else like inherit the whole Xceed.Grid component?

Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by camera (had 317 views)

User (Old forums)

Also there’s the snag that I need to adjust the dimensions of the header row. The Paint override does not allow painting outside the cell rectangle. So, if the column Header is “Exceptions found in the Month of November” I have to change the header dimensions from (example) 200×30 to 30×200. Where is this done? Thanks!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by camera (had 331 views)

User (Old forums)

Here is a <a href=”http://www.xceedsoft.com/cs/download/XceedGrid/CSharp/CS2003_GRD_CustColumnManagerRow.zip”>sample application</a> that demonstrates how to do this. It is a basic implementation, so you will need to customize it so it suits your needs.

Note that this sample works with version 3.2 of the grid. It will not work with version 3.5, because the overridden GetDisplayStringFormat method has become obsolete, and will be replaced by the CalculateStringFormat method, but only in version 3.6 (it was an omission in version 3.5)

Thus, you will only need to move the code from GetDisplayStringFormat to CalculateStringFormat, and it should work fine.

Note that we do not provide support for class derivation. We try to help when this is possible, but we do not debug derive classes.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 223 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks Andre. Great example to start from. I appreciate your response. My vertical column headings look great. Thanks!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by camera (had 258 views)

User (Old forums)

thanks for the sample application.

this is something we’ve been seeking to do for a little while, and it’s great the Xceed grid can provide an easy solution.

we’re using 3.5 so the obselete method GetDisplayStringFormat doesn’t get called. is there an alternative way to set the StringFormat using 3.5?

would be great for us if there was a way to do this. thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by matt (had 210 views)

User (Old forums)

Unfortunately not. You will need to either use version 3.2 or 3.6 in order to accomplish this. Note that you can use version 3.6 with a 3.5 license key. New features like cell virtualization will not be available, but fixes like this one will.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 6519 views)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.