Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF VS2008 VB Installation Issue

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    #25241 |

Hi,

I imagine I’ve done something pretty stupid or omitted to do something blindingly obvious since no one else seems to have ever experienced any problem but I cannot get your samples or the example shown in your installation documentation to work and I would be grateful if you could help me out.

I’m using VS2008 Beta 2, VB, and the code is as shown below when I tried to do the example; I copied the Nothwind database into a folder called Data and I even put in an imports for the xceed.wpf.datagrid.markup; my references include Xceed.Wpf.Controls, Xceed.Wpf.Datagrid and Xceed.Wpf.ThemePack.1.

Thanks in anticipation,

Application.xaml.vb
    Class Application

‘ Application-level events, such as Startup, Exit, and DispatcherUnhandledException

‘ can be handled in this file.

Partial Public Class App

Inherits System.Windows.Application

Protected Overrides Sub OnStartup(ByVal e As StartupEventArgs)

Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.Licenser.LicenseKey = “blanked out by me here”

MyBase.OnStartup(e)

End Sub

End Class

End Class

Window1.xaml
    <Window x:Class=”Window1″

xmlns=”http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation&#8221;

xmlns:x=”http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml&#8221;

xmlns:xcdg=”http://schemas.xceed.com/wpf/xaml/datagrid&#8221;

Title=”Window1″ Height=”300″ Width=”300″>

<Grid>

<Grid xmlns:xcdg=”http://schemas.xceed.com/wpf/xaml/datagrid”&gt;

<Grid.Resources>

<xcdg:DataGridCollectionViewSource x:Key=”cvs_orders”

Source=”{Binding Source={x:Static Application.Current},

Path=Orders}”/>

</Grid.Resources>

<xcdg:DataGridControl x:Name=”OrdersGrid”

ItemsSource=”{Binding Source={StaticResource cvs_orders}}”/>

</Grid>

</Grid>

</Window>

Window1.xaml.vb
    Imports Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid

Imports Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.Converters

Imports Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.Print

Imports Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.Stats

Imports Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.ValidationRules

Imports Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.Views

Imports Xceed.Wpf.Controls

Imports Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.ThemePack

Imports Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.Markup

Imports System.Data.OleDb

Imports System.Data

Class Window1

Shared Sub New()

Dim dataSet As New DataSet()

Dim mdbfile As String = “Data\Northwind.mdb”

Dim connString As String = String.Format(“Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source={0}”, mdbfile)

Dim conn As New OleDbConnection(connString)

Dim adapter As New OleDbDataAdapter()

adapter.SelectCommand = New OleDbCommand(“SELECT * FROM Orders;”, conn)

adapter.Fill(dataSet, “Orders”)

m_orders = dataSet.Tables(“Orders”)

End Sub

Public Shared ReadOnly Property Orders() As DataTable

Get

Return m_orders

End Get

End Property

Private Shared m_orders As DataTable

All I end up with is is a Windows Form with the statement in line 1 “Drag a column header here to group by that column.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jim (had 5641 views)

Xceed Support

Please refer to the FAQ post at the top of the forum for details on how to display the items in VS 2008:

http://forums.xceed.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=6869

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 403 views)

User (Old forums)

Since I have no idea where PATH=VIEW has to be specified and there is no reference to “.itemsource” in the example or samples I did not find this terribly helpful.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jim (had 487 views)

Xceed Support

ItemsSource=”{Binding Source={StaticResource cvs_orders}, <b>Path=View</b>}”/>

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 330 views)

User (Old forums)

Many thanks for this and sorry to be so obtuse but I still can’t get it to work.

I commented out the current relevant line in file window1.xaml and inserted the code you supplied as follows:
    <!–<xcdg:DataGridControl x:Name=”OrdersGrid”
    ItemsSource=”{Binding Source={StaticResource cvs_orders}}”/>–>

ItemsSource=”{Binding Source={StaticResource cvs_orders}, Path=View}”/>

Thanks in advance.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jim (had 504 views)

Xceed Support

Can you tell me if you see anything in the output window that might indicate a problem?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 352 views)

User (Old forums)

No, the build looks good – here’s the output:

—— Rebuild All started: Project: WpfApplication2, Configuration: Release Any CPU ——
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Vbc.exe /noconfig /imports:System.Linq,System.Xml.Linq,Microsoft.VisualBasic,System,System.Collections,System.Collections.Generic,System.Diagnostics,System.Windows,System.Windows.Controls,System.Windows.Data,System.Windows.Documents,System.Windows.Input,System.Windows.Shapes,System.Windows.Media,System.Windows.Media.Imaging,System.Windows.Navigation /optioncompare:Binary /optionexplicit+ /optionstrict:custom /nowarn:41999,42016,42017,42018,42019,42020,42021,42022,42032,42036,42314 /optioninfer+ /rootnamespace:WpfApplication1 /doc:obj\Release\WpfApplication2.xml /define:”CONFIG=\”Release\”,TRACE=-1,_MyType=\”Custom\”,PLATFORM=\”AnyCPU\”” /reference:”C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.0\PresentationCore.dll”,”C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.0\PresentationFramework.dll”,”C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\System.Core.dll”,”C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll”,C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Data.dll,C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.dll,C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Xml.dll,”C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\System.Xml.Linq.dll”,”C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.0\WindowsBase.dll”,”C:\Program Files\Xceed Components\Bin\.NET\Xceed.Wpf.Controls.dll”,”C:\Program Files\Xceed Components\Bin\.NET\Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.dll”,”C:\Program Files\Xceed Components\Bin\.NET\Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.ThemePack.1.dll” /debug- /optimize+ /out:obj\Release\WpfApplication2.exe /resource:obj\Release\WpfApplication1.Resources.resources /resource:obj\Release\WpfApplication2.g.resources /target:winexe Application.xaml.vb Window1.xaml.vb Data\NorthwindDataSet.Designer.vb “My Project\AssemblyInfo.vb” “My Project\MyExtensions\MyWpfExtension.vb” “My Project\Resources.Designer.vb” “My Project\Settings.Designer.vb” “C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\WpfApplication2\WpfApplication2\obj\Release\Window1.g.vb” “C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\WpfApplication2\WpfApplication2\obj\Release\Application.g.vb” “C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\WpfApplication2\WpfApplication2\obj\Release\WpfApplication2_Content.g.vb”
    WpfApplication2 -> C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\WpfApplication2\WpfApplication2\bin\WpfApplication2.exe
    ========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jim (had 547 views)

Xceed Support

Hi,

After re-reviewing the code you originally sent, I noticed that in the App class, you do not define any data source called “Orders”. That is the reason why you do not see anything in the DataGridControl…

The faulty statement is:

<xcdg:DataGridCollectionViewSource x:Key=”cvs_orders”
    Source=”{Binding Source={x:Static Application.Current},
    Path=Orders}”/>

If you absolutely need to instanciate the data source in the window class, then there is 2 choices available:

– Instantiate the DataGridCollectionView directly in the Window class and bind the DataGridControl directly without passing through a DataGridCollectionViewSource.

OR

– Wait for version 1.3 of the DataGridControl ( due soon ), which will allow using a DataGridCollectionViewSource bound to a non-static reference ( correction of the behavior to align with the original CollectionViewSource ).

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 374 views)

User (Old forums)

Thank you for this, I appreciate your assistance. I’ll wait for version 1.3.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jim (had 7036 views)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.