Home Forums WinForms controls Other WinForms controls VS 2005 Docking Windows Style

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #18158 |

Are there any plans to release a new version of the docking windows library ?
    In the past VS.NET 2005 style of docking windows was mentioned but that already some time ago.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jan (had 3415 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Development was interupted for other projects, but we’re about to resume work. We still have flexibility on which features to complete for a January/February release schedule. What particular features of the VS.NET 2005 style are you hoping for? (Is Tabbed MDI in your wish list as well?)

Example: VS 2005 Dock hints / guides

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 329 views)

User (Old forums)

In order of precedence.

1) Tabbed MDI was 1 of the things what I was hoping for.
    2) More flexibility in saving the layout file. Our applications has plugins. A plugin can add a toolwindow. But when a user doesn’t have acces on a certain machine to a plugin, the loading of the layout failes. I one toolwindow isn’t there anymore i should try to load the rest of the layout.
    3) VS2005 style of docking. I offers a greater user experience. Now for users it isn’t offen clear howto get it right as the want.

Regards,
    Jan

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jan (had 276 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

I can confirm that Tabbed MDI is already in the works, as well as VS 2005 docking style. Your point (2) is not going to make it in the next release, but it is noted. Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 4460 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.