Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Using Printing Samples – Printing Footer issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #17084 |

Hello,

I am trying to use the printing functions using the samples provided by XCEED in v3.2.

It has been working fantastic so far, all preview, Export to PDF and different Template and all.

Suddenly we have started using it with a large number columns (32 of them) and it is behaving differently.

It prints the footer till page 3 and it does not print after that.

My View is Landscape and 32 columns expands till page 3 for the first set of columns.

So to print 100 rows it expands to 60 pages.

Footer only appears  for first 3 pages for any template that i pick.

remaining footers are disappeard.

Is there anyway, we can retain or report to get recalculate footer everytime I try to click preview or print or export?

I tried Invalidate and CalculatePAges = true but did not help at all.

Thank you

NR

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by NR (had 2365 views)

User (Old forums)

You need to set the RepeatOnEachPage property to true.  You will find this property on the ReportStyle property of the rows you want to repeat.  For example, if your footer row is in the FixedFooterRows collection of the grid, here is what you would do.

gridControl1.ReportStyle.FixedFooterRow.RepeatOnEachPage = true;

However, you can also do this on a specific row.

e.g.:

textRow1.ReportStyle.RepeatOnEachPage = true;
          columnManagerRow1.ReportStyle.RepeatOnEachPage = true;

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 1979 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi André,

I tried  using Xceed.Grid.Reporting.dll and the result is still the same.

I am trying following code and it still does not let footer appear on each and every page after Page 3.

Ifollowing is my code using  Xceed.Grid.Reporing.dll

var generateReportForm = new GenerateReportForm( printGrid );
    printGrid.ReportStyle.FixedFooterRow.RepeatOnEachPage = true;
    generateReportForm.ShowInTaskbar = false;
    generateReportForm.ShowDialog(this);

and result is still the same. I am using v.3.2 Grid with Reporting Assembly version 3.2.6403.0.

Please let me know if there is anything else I could do or not?

I tried using your sample as well as the custom forms provided by sample but the result is exactly same no success there,

Data is Huge (8000 Rows with 32 Columns) few of them numbers, dates and long strings.

I noticed one thing, if I flick between  Layout from Span Across pages to Fit to Page it shows footer right in all scenarios for all templates.

but if it is Span Across pages then problem still exists.

Another thing to note is some of the templates are causing infinite looping to generate preview rest everything  works fine with them.

Please help me out here.

Thank you 

NR

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by NR (had 1973 views)

User (Old forums)

We need more information to be able to replicate the issue.  What do you place in your footer?

Is the footer a Xceed.Grid.Reprorting.HeaderFooter type, or is it a row that you have placed in the FixedFooterRows collection on the GridControl?

Can you reproduce this in a sample, using a simple grid?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 2283 views)

User (Old forums)

Hey mate,

I am not using Grid FixedRowFooter with TExtRow in it or Header and Footers.

My reporting XmL Templates does have header and Footer information in them though.

Which we have fixed as it was going to infinite loops.

REason we do not use FixedRowFooters or headers is because FixedFooterRow should (to our requirements) stay static even if you scroll with grid, so instead we have a textBox Row under the Grid outside GridBoundaries so we manage it that way,

Now I haev tried all options you have suggested, and tried and replicated successfully everytime using XCEED Live Explorer – Printing – Reporting Samples. I tried debugging sample code as well and the result is exactly the same.

As soon as we go across three pages for the column headers it does remove headers and footers.

till then it is fine,

I cannot attach files on the forums so I will send you email with Forum subject and pictures and one PDF exported Files.

as we are heavily relying on this printing we need urgent fix or suggestion on fix so that we can achieve our deadlines.

I really appreciate your constant and immediate support so far and looking forward to get some solution from your end.

thanks a lot.

NR

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by NR (had 1992 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi André,

issue has beee resolved and it works fine now.

Thank you all.

NR

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by NR (had 2775 views)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.