Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Using Grid In Browser

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #25414 |

Hello everyone, excuse my ignorance but I have a question regarding using the grid in a WPF Browser Application;

If I use the grid in a browser style application similar to the Xceed web demo and I connect it to a database on the server where the application is hosted will the grid populate results from our server or will it attempt to connect to a SQL database on the local machine where it is run from?

Will the app run on the local machine or from our server?

If I can connect to my data sources on the server why even try to screw with silver light apps when I can have access to the full .NET framework by creating a WPF Browser app?

My head is spinning with the new .NET 3.5 stuff – seems that all of my dreams might have just come true and Xceed is leading the way…

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Rick (had 1807 views)

Xceed Support

The XBAP ( XAML Browser Application ) Sandbox will prevent you from accessing any resources located on the “local” machine (machine that runs the XBAP). Additionally, an XBAP application will only allow accessing resources located on the “SiteOfOrigin” ( i.e Server hosting the XBAP ), which mean that you will not be able to access the database if its located on a third-party server.

Execution of an XBAP is made 100% client-side ( not on the server ).

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 2774 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.