Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Using DataRelations?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #21607 |

Please forgive my ignorance in this — does the DataGrid support the use of DataRelations, and if so, what is the best way to approach implementation?

Thanks,
    John

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by John (had 2797 views)

Xceed Support

Can you clarify a little bit your intended usage of relations?

As you can see in the Solid Foundation sample (Employee Column), we can build a ComboBox editor that is populated via the content of another table…

If you were talking about displaying hierarchical Master/Details data in a single DataGridControl, then I’m afraid that we only have limited support for that at the moment.

I’ll be waiting for your intended usage…

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 395 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Marcus,

First, thanks for your quick response! I have a master table, that, amongst other things, contains an ID that resolves to an entry found in a secondary table (maps to a string). So, I do not want to show the ID number in the view, but instead want to show the string the ID maps to…

Honestly, I’m having trouble getting Relations to work properly using XAML — if I manually compose the data into the dataset, and manually create (in code) the relation, then things work fine. However, if I create a DataSet using Visual Studio, the Relation never seems to work…

I’ll do a bit more research before I ask you for any more help (I don’t want to needlessly consume your time)…

Thanks again!
    John

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by John (had 3979 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.