Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Use DataGridGroupDescription

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #25222 |

Considering the grouping sample provided with the DataGrid, the DateGroupDescription is programmatically added to the GroupByControl in the Header. I am interested in methods to associate such a DataGridGroupDescription with a column so that when the column is dragged and dropped to the GroupByControl, the grouping is controlled by the specified DataGridGroupDescription and not the default for the column.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Gregory (had 3648 views)

User (Old forums)

To put it another way. Is there any way to override the grouping when a ColumnManagerCell is dragged to the GroupByControl (i.e. drag area at top)? It appears (from debugger) that only the column FieldName is used and I see no way to override this? Can someone please confirm this so I don’t risk spending time chasing a capability that does not exist?

Thank You

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Gregory (had 377 views)

User (Old forums)

Check this out… at the end. Is it what you want?

http://forums.xceed.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=9587

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by nat (had 422 views)

User (Old forums)

Thank you, but we use an ADO dataset with a dataview and construct the GridCollectionView from that i.e. new DataGridCollectionView(dataView);

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Gregory (had 391 views)

User (Old forums)

We could modify the DataView or use an intermediate collection etc. but the point is that this is really a minor issue that could easily be handled at the GUI control level. The custom grouping based on date using DataGridGroupDescription works fine. It’s just that it can’t be applied using the column header drag and drop feature. I even trried intercepting the Drop event to intercept the object that is added to the grouping collection but the Drop event does not fire. Plus this is a third-party control that we use for convenience so I don’t want to spend a lot of time finding work-arounds. It seems like customization of grouping based on column header drag-and-drop is a needed feature.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Gregory (had 4786 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.