Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET Unzipping file from .MSG files

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #20208 |

Hi,

I’ve got a bunch of .msg files (outlook message files) that contains zipped files which needed to be extracted. Now the problem is that if I don’t save the zip files to disk first, it seems to not be able to get the files inside the zipped files. This is achieved via dragging the zipped file from the .msg file and into my program which will then extract the content of that zipped file. I can work around this issue by saving the zipped file to disk first then dragging that file to my program but that involves 1 extra step, which the customer doesn’t want to do.

The code that I used to extract the files is 

var zip = new ZipArchive( zipFile );

AbstractFile [] files = zip.GetFiles( true );

where zipFile is a diskFile.

So basically my question is whether it is possible to get the files inside a zipped file without it actually having to be on disk.

Thanks

Leo

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Leonardo (had 878 views)

User (Old forums)

You could automate the process by using the Redemption library to extract the zips (or any other attachments) from the MSG files.  At least then you wouldn’t have to do any manual drag-n-drop.

-Steve 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Steve (had 335 views)

User (Old forums)

I need the manual drag n drop functionality because this is an importing process in the application. Users can import documents by using the drag and drop functionality that we’ve created. So using an automated process is out of the question.

Thanks

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Leonardo (had 1212 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.