Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET Unexpected internal failure

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #19318 |

Good day 🙂

I recently upgraded my installation of Xceed components (so I could play with those yummy charting components) but having done so, I’ve hit a bit of a snag.

I have an application that unzips some files. Since installing the newer version of the Xceed components, it’s now generating an error whilst attempting to unzip. The error is as follows:

An unexpected internal failure occured in the FileSystem component, or one of it’s descendants.
    Type: Xceed.Zip.ZipArchive
    Fullname: \

The version of Xceed.Zip.dll 2.0.113. I installed a prior (working) version – it’s version is 2.0.111.

Code snippet follows:

Dim oZipFile As Xceed.FileSystem.DiskFile
    Dim oZipArchive As Xceed.Zip.ZipArchive
    Dim oZipDestination As Xceed.FileSystem.DiskFolder

oZipFile = New Xceed.FileSystem.DiskFile(m_sBackupSourceDirectory & “bkup.zip”)
    oZipArchive = New Xceed.Zip.ZipArchive(oZipFile)
    oZipDestination = New Xceed.FileSystem.DiskFolder(m_sTempPath)

oZipArchive.CopyFilesTo(m_oZipEvents, “Extracting”, oZipDestination, True, True)

The routine throws an exception on the CopyFilesTo statement.

Any ideas on what may be wrong? Do I need to supply any further information?

Thanks!

– Steve

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Steven (had 3965 views)

User (Old forums)

Hello Steve.

I can’t reproduce this error using your code. Can you send an email to <mail>support@xceedsoft.com</mail> with more information about the files contained in the zip file, the events you are handling with your m_oZipEvents instance, and the value of both m_sBackupSourceDirectory and m_sTempPath?

Thank you.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martin (had 226 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Martin,

The file I was dealing with was a fairly very large (135MB) multi-part zip file. I’ll put together a simplified project and run a few tests to determine if the problem is easy to reproduce. It’s also possible that there is some manner of version conflict between the Xceed controls on my system – I’ll test on a clean system. If the problem persists, I’ll send an email with my findings.

Many thanks,

– Steve

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Steven (had 476 views)

User (Old forums)

Sorry for the delay in replying here.

It does indeed seem to be a version conflict between Xceed controls on my system. My project uses the .NET versions of the Xceed FTP and ZIP controls. Both of these controls reference the Xceed.FileSystem assembly, but they both seem to expect different versions of it? The Xceed.ZIP control references version 2.0.113, where the FTP control references 2.0.111. This is causing me grief when using a Setup and Deployment project in VS.NET 2003, as no matter which version of the Xceed.FileSystem file is included, it’s inevitably the wrong one.

Where should I go from here?

Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Steven (had 492 views)

User (Old forums)

Hello Steve.

This is a known issue. Simply send an email to <mail>support@xceedsoft.com</mail> asking them for build 1.0.104 of Xceed Ftp for .NET, which uses Xceed FileSystem build 2.0.113. I wonder why it’s not already available on the update center?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martin (had 5105 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.