Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Tutorial Suggestion

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    #24302 |

Could someone at Xceed perhaps create a few .wmv or flash tutorials using one of the examples with a good walkthrough of grid class creation, display functionality and cell editing
    functionality describing what is happening IN THE CODE.

Thanks,

Phil

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Phil (had 2944 views)

Xceed Support

It is on my list 🙂 Hopefully I will be able to get some done soon!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 482 views)

User (Old forums)

Jenny,

An easy open source FREE tool for avi or swf creation/editing of screen recording videos is camstudio. You can also record your lovely voice narrating the screen activity, as the forum users are anxious to hear you ;-))

This is so easy to use, you could create a tutorial on your lunch hour when you are most bored!!!

http://www.camstudio.org/

Tutorial Help: C:\Program Files\CamStudio\help.htm

Open source code
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/camstudio/

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Phil (had 570 views)

User (Old forums)

Oh but you can already hear her in our Docking Windows demo <a href=”http://demo.xceedsoft.com/xceeddocking/”&gt; here </a> 😉

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Matt (had 555 views)

User (Old forums)

A first step however, is to have someone fix the samples in the 1.2 dll package 🙁
    There really is no excuse for releasing samples that don’t work, especially if you are trying to interest someone in Vanguard or Blueprint support.

Only one of the samples works (F5), all the others give xaml errors. I even tried to run the samples in Vs2008 Orcas Beta 2 (Actually has even more problems, doesn’t work worse!)

There is some kind of bug in the xaml, related to
    <xcdg:DataGridControl.View>
    contents here
    </xcdg:DataGridControl.View>

Per Andre in technical support who was kind enough to help even though the question is for the forum only, unless you have Vanguard support:
    Hi Phil,

This is a bug that will be corrected in the next service release. Note however that this problem should happen only under the following condition. If this is not the case for you, please let us know under which condition you experiment this.

1 – The DataGridControl has no specific theme assigned to it (it will use the system theme).
    2 – You are under Windows XP with the Silver theme.

Note that if the Silver theme is specifically set on the grid, the bug won’t show up.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Phil (had 584 views)

Xceed Support

We agree. This is currently being done. It was unfortunate that the samples were released that way, but mistakes happen 🙁

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 552 views)

User (Old forums)

Regarding the sample problem,
    Can someone tell me where I can get a list of the theme names other than default that I can change on this line:
    <xcdg:TableView Theme=”{DynamicResource defaultTheme}”/>

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Phil (had 708 views)

Xceed Support

In the documentation: Basic Concepts\Appearance\Views and Themes

You have the complete list there.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 413 views)

Xceed Support

Also, please consider the <b>beta</b> status of Vs2008.

Effectively, the .NET 3.5 beta introduces some functional changes (no APIs seem to have been broken however) to the core .NET 3.0 DLLs.

Those changes seem to be affecting some of the DataGridControl’s functionalities and a complete evaluation is underway to ensure the DataGridControl will be ‘compliant’ for the next version.

Version 1.2 was already “closed” and undergoing tests when the <b>beta</b> of Vs2008/.NET3.5 was released, which explains why it does not already include the fixes to have it fully supported (even though Vs2008/.NET 3.5 beta was release a few days before the DataGridControl ).

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 9671 views)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.