Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Trying to FTP an MSI file to AS/400 and its being converted

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #20968 |

Hi,

I’m attempting to use the FtpClient class to move an msi file to the iSeries so that I can grab it later on to perform an automated update process on some software. The problem is I can’t seem to specify a Binary transfer mode with the FtpClient and therefore the file is being translated and no longer functions when I pull it back out.

Just as more information, I’m not using the Ftp functionality to grab the file back out, just for transferring to the AS400.

Is there an option for switching to Binary mode or do I have to figure out some other way of handling this?

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Kristofor (had 2518 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi again,

Nevermind about the question. I discovered that it wasn’t the Ftp process but an encoding issue in my AS/400 program.

Regards

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Kristofor (had 3757 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.