Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Chart for WinForms Transparent ChartWalls sometimes not transparent

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #19243 |

I make the chart walls zero width and transparent so that I have the outline of the chart bounds visible but the walls don’t get in the way when I rotate the view to look at the data from different angles. Unfortunately, the chart walls sometimes arbitrarily appear not transparent (I can’t find a pattern to it). It doesn’t matter how many times I set it for that chart, it won’t become transparent (while for other charts I create using the same code, it may be), despite the .FillEffect.Color property showing that it is Color.Transparent. Generally one or more ChartWalls will be transparent, and one or more will be opaque, but it’s not at all predictable.

I don’t reference ChartWalls anywhere else in my code, just in the chart creation process (I tried resetting it constantly when the user clicked a button, to no avail):

Dim wX As ChartWall, wY As ChartWall, wZ As ChartWall

wX = CType(Walls(ChartWallType.Floor), ChartWall)

wY = CType(Walls(ChartWallType.Left), ChartWall)

wZ = CType(Walls(ChartWallType.Back), ChartWall)

With wX

.Width = 0

.FillEffect.Color = Color.Transparent

End With

With wY

.Width = 0

End With

With wZ

.Width = 0

End With 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Paul (had 982 views)

User (Old forums)

Quick update: even if I set the chart walls Visible property to False, they still sometimes arbitrarily block your view.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Paul (had 446 views)

Diane [Xceed]

Hi Paul,

We would need a small stand-alone test project that reproduces the issue in order to investigate further.

If you are still having issues with the ChartWalls, please send us your test project at support@xceed.com and include a link to this forum thread for reference. Thank you.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Diane [Xceed] (had 1137 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.