Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Translating mouse location from datacell to datagridcontrol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #17318 |

Is there a way to translate the mouse coordinates returned when handling the MouseUp (or similar) event for the datacell object to a mouse coordinate applicable to the datagridcontrol? I’m needing this to help with proper display location of the context menu. With datacell not being a Windows form control I can’t use the PointToScreen/PointToClient methods.

I’m using VB.NET. I’d prefer to handle certain datacell Mouse events in order to display a context menu instead of applying a context menu to the entire datagridcontrol and then controlling when to show or not to show the context menu. If my approach doesn’t suit the Xceed grid control well, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mark (had 675 views)

User (Old forums)

I think I found an answer myself using the Bounds property on the datacell object, which gives me coordinates as they relate to the grid control.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mark (had 217 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Mark,

Can you please share the source code for displaying the context menu using datacell Mouse events as a reference to other developers?

Thanks,

Alain,

Xceed Technical Support 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Alain [Xceed] (had 1052 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.