Home Forums WinForms controls Other WinForms controls ToolWindows get behind System Toolbar when docked

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #18026 |

Hi,

glad Xceed got a Docking Windows Component. And as usual, it’s much easier to use than any other component on the market ([competing product name removed by editor] for example is, as usual, totally confusing in use).

But I have a slight problem. I have a Windows Form with a System.Windows.Forms.Toolbar on top. Nothing fancy about it. There’s a System.Windows.Forms.MenuBar on top of that. When I add a couple of ToolWindows, and I dock one, it is placed underneath the Toolbar. I can’t tell if it’s underneath the Menubar too, as I can’t see the hidden top border of the Toolwindow.

A slightly related question: Can the ClientHost be another ToolWindow?

cheers and thanks,
    Vincent

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by panik (had 3333 views)

User (Old forums)

Thank you for the kind words about ease of use!

About the problem you’re having with ToolBar: I’ve reproduced the problem and filed it as a bug in our system. It should be fixed by our next update cycle which should occur in mid-july.

Regarding the ClientHost being another ToolWindow: No, this is not possible. However, depending on what you’re trying to achieve, you might get a similar result by specifying a null ClientHost. In that case, the docked ToolWindows will always occupy the entire space of the DockHost.

Hope this helps!

Pascal

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pascal (had 214 views)

User (Old forums)

Vincent,

Do you experience the ToolBar problem in an SDI or MDI application?

In SDI applications where you have docked controls such as a ToolBar and a StatusBar, you need to create a Panel whose Dock property is DockStyle.Fill (so that it occupies all the space that is left inside the form) and specify that Panel as the DockHost of the DockLayoutManager.

Pascal

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pascal (had 207 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Pascal,

I am having the same problem as Vincent.

I have and SDI application and I tried your suggestion and created a panel
    with DockStyle.Fill and set it as DockHost.

When I try and dock the ToolWindow to the top of the form, the results are the same,
    the ToolWindows are under the ToolBar.

Can you please post an example of how you got it to work?

Thanks
    Phlilp Medaglia

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Philip (had 4364 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.