Home Forums WinForms controls Other WinForms controls Tool tips not working on smart tool bar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #17909 |

Hi,

Is there something special that has to be done on smart tool bars so that tool tips show up? I enter the tool tip that I want in the property pages but the tool tips do not show up.

Any one know whats up?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by ACanadian (had 4692 views)

User (Old forums)

I am having the same problem. Hope somebody replies to this post

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Sharad (had 368 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,

I found a work around, but it would sure be nice if it worked simply by entering the tool tip text. Considering these controsl were fairlr expensive. Anyways, here is the work around.

Add a tool tip component to your form.

Then on the MouseEnter function for a menu option, set the tool tip value for the toolbar or menubar or whatever the parent item of the menu option is.

Eg:
    toolTip1.SetToolTip(toolBarWorkOrderDetails,”Adds a new Work Order Detail record”);

Then on the MouseLeave function, you need to remove that tool tip

Eg.
    toolTip1.SetToolTip(toolBarWorkOrderDetails,””);

This seems to work very nicely, it just seems like more work then one should have to do.

ACanadian

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by ACanadian (had 406 views)

User (Old forums)

Good lord that is allot of work. These are supposed to streamline our efforts correct? XCeed – please fix this – the property is there to function – not hold a string placeholder.

Also sad,
    Dave

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Dave (had 411 views)

User (Old forums)

AFAIK, tooltip works on smart toolbar when toolbar is placed on Main form. The problem is that tooltip doesn’t work when toolbar is placed on non-top level form. Does someone also encountered (and, perharps, solved) that problem?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by ttomic (had 336 views)

User (Old forums)

I have encountered this problem, and found the solution, upgrade SmartUI to the latest version. It’s all sorted. Well, the problems I was having with it have been sorted.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Dr Unken (had 5773 views)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.