Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Timeout in Xceed FTP’s stream interface

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #21276 |

Hi,

My company has Xceed’s site license and we are using Xceed’s FTP C# library to implement some feature.

My question is about timeout in FTP’s stream interface.  I know it may be a little strange in the way we use it.

Most methods in FTP support the 30s default timeout.  However, if we get the stream from GetDownloadStream,

it seems there won’t be any timeout.  For example:

FtpClient client = new FtpClient(XXXX);

Stream stream = client.GetDownloadStream(XXXXXX); 

while (! EOF of the stream) {

stream.read(buf, …);

}

If there is any connection drop in the loop, it seems the read will be blocking there FOREVER?!

It really surprised us because this makes the stream interface cannot handle with any error.

Furthermore, another question is, does the stream return by GetDownloadStream support BeginRead/EndRead (Async)?

This is a little urgent.  It is a blocking issue for us currently.

Thank you so much.

Yours,

Yan 

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Yan (had 1368 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Yan,

Please refer to your support case for all follow up communication. I will post the final solution of your problem on this thread.

Thanks,

Alain,

Customer Support

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Alain [Xceed] (had 1715 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.