Home Forums ActiveX components Xceed FTP for ActiveX This product is not licensed to perform this operation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #42823 |

Hello –

I have an ancient VB6 program that apparently uses some XceedFTP library, I have to make changes to it that are completely unrelated to FTP at all, however, when I put the new .exe on the user’s computer everything else works except when it gets to the call to the XceedFTP library it errors out saying “This product is not licensed to perform this operation”. However, the old .exe works fine even though there were no changes to the code that concerns FTPing stuff, the calls are exactly the same. 

I believe that somehow the old .exe is registered or something or XceedFTP library needs some key from the registry or something. I am not the original writer of this code and he is long gone to ask what I need to do to get the my new .exe to be allowed to call the XceedFTP .dll

Thanks

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mitt (had 1233 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Mitt,

What is probably happening is that the old user had the exe on his computer with the license key set in the registry and not in code. Unfortunately, I cannot help you retrieve the license key, but our sales department can help you. You can email them at sales@xceed.com or you can call them. The phone number is shown at the top right of this web page.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marc [Xceed] (had 1200 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.