Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    #14502 |

Dim unitCell As SummaryCell = New SummaryCell
    unitCell.StatFieldName = “BITS”
    unitCell.StatFunction = StatFunction.Sum
    unitCell.TitleFormat = “THIS IS MY %SUM:BITS%”

What am i miss here?
    Brian

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Brian (had 5161 views)

User (Old forums)

What is not functioning? If it is the text “THIS IS MY ” that is not displayed, and you need only one column to be displayed, then do it on the SummaryRow instead, and reset the SummaryCell properties. If it is the sum that is not display, make sure that the name of the column is the right one (it is case sensitive). Have a look at the following post :

http://xceed.com/CS/forums/thread/1879.aspx

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 479 views)

User (Old forums)

I had the summaryrow working… but now I want to try and summarize several cells. that part that is not working is the summing for the cell Bits.
    Yes, I know now that is case sensivtive, that got me on the row summary. Just for some reason, I am having a hard time trying to figure out exactly what needs to be set to have totals, or stats, of several different columns in my groups
    btw, I am looking of group base stats…
    Thanks,
    Brian

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Brian (had 496 views)

User (Old forums)

First, the TitleFormat property must NOT be set to “THIS IS MY %SUM:BITS%, but only to “THIS IS MY “, since there are two properties, StatFieldName and StatFunction, that serve this purpose. You need to do it only on the SummaryRow.TextFormat because these properties are not on the SummaryRow.

Second, the TitlePosition property sets where the “THIS IS MY ” title is displayed. The TitleFormat is always displayed in the SummaryCell next to the one running the statistical function, for the function uses the whole cell to display its result. If you use the first SummaryCell, you need to set the TitlePosition to right, else the title will not be displayed. If you have set the TextFormat on the SummaryRow, then you cannot use the first or the second SummaryCell (or any cell that the SummaryRow writes to for that matter), for the statistical function result will be displayed over the TextFormat of the SummaryRow. In the second cell, if you set the the TitlePosition to right, then it can work if the SummaryRow.TextFormat is limited to the first cell.

This is a long description, a bit hard to follow, but once you understand how it functions, then you will have no problem using this functionality.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 1369 views)

User (Old forums)

Dim ix As Integer
    For ix = 5 To 10
    mysummarycell = CType(mysummaryrow.Cells(ix), SummaryCell)
    With mysummarycell
    .StatFunction = StatFunction.Sum
    ‘.TitleFormat = “TEST”
    End With
    Next

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Brian (had 372 views)

User (Old forums)

ok.. the display value that goes into the cell.. say should look like 5100.90 but looks like 5100.9012421312
    how do i format it to 2 decmials?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Brian (had 374 views)

User (Old forums)

You can use the FormatSpecifier property on the SummaryCell, and to something like this :
    0.##
    or use the predefined constants, like :
    Currency, Fixed-point, Decimal, etc..

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 6605 views)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.