Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Sum Function in Footer Row for Nullable data type

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    #17542 |

It would appear as though this was raised as an inssue and resolved in the WPF Grid (http://xceed.com/CS/forums/post/12307.aspx) however in the .Net version it still seems to be an issue. When I try to sum on a Nullable<decimal> column, I just get a red X drawn across the footer cell.

I am not keen to change the data type of the source, because there are actually some nulls in the data set (which has a different meaning to the end user than 0) therefore need it to stay as Nullable<decimal>.

Regards

Craig

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Craig (had 3143 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Craig,

Can you please send us a sample application that reproduces this behavior to support@xceed.com so that we can investigate further?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Alain [Xceed] (had 352 views)

User (Old forums)

Sorry for the delay. Work has been keeping me pretty busy.

I have created a small project to demonstrate what is happening. Hope that shows it up.

Cheers

Craig

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Craig (had 336 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Craig,

I was not able to reproduce the issue with the application you sent (check the attached picture). Do you have more detailed repro steps that I could folow in order to reproduce?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Alain [Xceed] (had 356 views)

User (Old forums)

There are two versions of the grid, one with nulls allowed, and the other without.

Comment line 41, and you should be able to see the problem….

Regards

Craig

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Craig (had 370 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Craig,

We managed to reproduce the issue; but unfortunately, columns with DataType = Nullable<> are not currently supported for stat functions in our .Net Grid.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Alain [Xceed] (had 238 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks for the response. As this was fixed in the WPF version (see original post) is this something that is likely to be addressed in the .Net version?

Regards

Craig

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Craig (had 391 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Craig,

I have created a feature request for this; we will notify you as soon as that feature is availble.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Alain [Xceed] (had 1749 views)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.