Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Sorting columns from code behind

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #24858 |

Hi,
    At the moment on the Column class there are SortINdex and SortDirection properties, but they are readonly. Is there anyway i can set the sorting from the code behind.

Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by abatti (had 699 views)

User (Old forums)

I should mention i am binding to an observable list.

Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by abatti (had 211 views)

Xceed Support

You can add SortDescription objects to the SortDescriptions property of the DataGridCollectionView. If you are not using the DataGridCollectionView as a source (which contains your ObservableList) then you can add SortDescription objects directly to the Items property of the grid (which is an ItemsControl).

<a href=”http://doc.xcd/XceedWpfDataGrid/Sorting%20Data.html”>Sorting with DataGridCollectionView</a> (the examples are in XAML, but it should point you in the right direction. Just maje sure you use DataGridCollectionView and not DataGridCollectionViewSource)

<a href=”ms-help://MS.MSSDK.1033/MS.NETFX30SDK.1033/cpref30/html/P_System_Windows_Controls_ItemCollection_SortDescriptions.htm”>ms-help://MS.MSSDK.1033/MS.NETFX30SDK.1033/cpref30/html/P_System_Windows_Controls_ItemCollection_SortDescriptions.htm</a>

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 314 views)

User (Old forums)

Thank you. This was helpful.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by abatti (had 263 views)

User (Old forums)

That link appears to be broken…

I’ve created an event handler for the SortDescriptions but now I want to work with the column that triggered the even but don’t understand how to do this. The event handler is as follows:

((INotifyCollectionChanged)view.SortDescriptions).CollectionChanged +=
    new NotifyCollectionChangedEventHandler(this.SortCollectionChanged);

protected void SortCollectionChanged(object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
    {
    //TO DO: grab the sort direction for column that triggered event.
    }

Any ideas?

Thank you.
    Jon

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jon (had 4419 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.