Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET Some questions about self-extracing archives

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #20195 |

I have some questions with regards to self extracting archives:

1) Is it possible to suppress the dialog that asks the user if they want to create the destination folder when using the DeleteZippedFiles and the default random directory?

2) When running a program using ExecuteAfter, is it possible to change the working directory to where the executable is run from some how? By default, it looks like the working directory is where the SFX EXE is run from originally.

Thanks,

Mark

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mark (had 1365 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Mark,

1)      To suppress the dialog that asks the user if they want to create the destination folder you should write the following:

prefix.DialogMessages[ DialogMessages.CreateFolder ] = String.Empty;

2) Unfortunately, the working directory cannot be changed.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mohamed [Xceed] (had 300 views)

User (Old forums)

I have one other question. When an executable is run from within the self-extracting archive, it is run using a short path name (i.e. the value returned by GetModuleFileName is a short path) which causes issues with MUI files on Vista/WS08. Is there any way to change this so that it gets runs with a long file name?

The file has a long file name when it is extracted and the following code was used to specify that the file should be run which also uses the long file name:

sfx.ExecuteAfter.Add(Variables.DestinationFolder + @”\CertificateInstaller.exe”);

but for some reason, it runs with a short file name (e.g. C:\DOCUME~1\XPMUser\LOCALS~1\Temp\_Sfx677\CERTIF~1.EXE)

Any thoughts about how to get around this?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mark (had 1321 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.