Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Some questions about DataGridControl v1.2

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    #25202 |

Hi everyone,

I use the wonderful DataGridControl in my project in the following context. The grid control is bind to an ObservableCollection of DependencyObject (a DependencyProperty per column).

But I meet some problems:

1. About grouping:

1.1. When I try to drag & drop column header in the GroupByControl, the grid throw an exception if a row has a null value. Why the grid cannot group items by “nullity” ?

1.2 If the underlying data source is modified programmatically, grouping in the grid is not updated.

2. With DependencyProperty binding:

When the CoerceValue callback modify a DependencyProperty, the modified (coerced) value is not reflected in the grid.

3. The first column host a boolean value (with a CheckBox). But when the value of the checkbox is changed, the modification is not reflected immediately in the data source. I must quit the edit mode for the entire row (by selecting an another row). How can I propagate the modification when a Cell (not the entire row) quits its edition mode?

If anyone has an idea.
    Thanks very much for your help.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Cyber Sinh (had 5627 views)

User (Old forums)

I have the same problem 1.1 as you, but in my case, it is not when the row has a null value, but rather when the column that one is trying to GroupBy contains a null value.

Just wanted to check if this is also the case for u?

Serene

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Serene (had 447 views)

User (Old forums)

Yes, we have the same problem…

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Cyber Sinh (had 506 views)

User (Old forums)

1.1: This has been fixed in version 1.3, which is now available for download.

1.2 and 2: These are bugs indeed, and will be fixed either in the next release.

Thanks!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pascal (had 711 views)

User (Old forums)

1.1: This has been fixed in version 1.3, which is now available for download.

1.2 and 2: These are bugs indeed, and will be fixed either in the next release.

Thanks for bringing these to our attention!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pascal (had 831 views)

User (Old forums)

(Sorry for the double-post, my browser played tricks on me…)

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pascal (had 663 views)

User (Old forums)

Hello,

Any idea for the 3 ?
    How to modify the underlying source when the current cell change (and not only when the current row change) ?

Thanks

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Cyber Sinh (had 620 views)

User (Old forums)

hi,

i also have the same challenge to update a checkbox-column immediately and have the entire row commited to the underlying object (like Cyber Sinh posted as 3) ).
    any help appreciated!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marc (had 410 views)

Xceed Support

The CoerceValueCallback issue (Cyber Sinh’s no. 2) has been resolved:

You can download the <a href=”http://download3.xceedsoft.com/Packages/3.2.7614.12380/XceedComponents.exe”>new package</a> now.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 6331 views)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.