Home Forums WinForms controls Other WinForms controls SmartUI selection problems with latest build in Vista

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #18247 |

I’ve got a custom control SmartTreeView running in Vista with the release of the components from Friday the 23rd. While things are better than before (I can see all of my controls) the behavior in the TreeView (at least, haven’t tried others yet) is a little off. I know this is Aero related, as when I turn the Vista Theme to “Windows Classic”, the problem goes away.

When I select an item in the treeview, the selection does not appear there, the highlight stays where it was. Once I move the mouse, then the item I clicked on is updated. I have a similar problem when expanding sub trees.

I’m using Drag and Drop and mousemove events for the TreeView as well, I don’t know. I am seeing this on some of the other controls, just updates to the UI that are lagging the behavior without Aero turned on.

Again, everything works exactly fine without Aero, even on a Vista machine.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by patimen (had 4753 views)

User (Old forums)

We have reproduce the issue, and we are working on it to understand the problem. This should be corrected in a future version of the product.

Meanwhile, you can use the following workaround :
    <code>
    private void smartTreeView1_ItemClick(object sender, Xceed.SmartUI.SmartItemClickEventArgs e)
    {
    this.smartTreeView1.Refresh();
    }
    </code>

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 286 views)

User (Old forums)

Well, that certainly helps. I’m looking forward to a proper fix. In the meantime, I feel a little like the boy with fingers in the damn, as the number of controls and situation that require calling Refresh are many.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by patimen (had 349 views)

User (Old forums)

That would be fingers in the Dam. Doh!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by patimen (had 426 views)

User (Old forums)

Has this been fixed for vista?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jeremy (had 465 views)

User (Old forums)

Yes, it is now resolved in the latest version.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 5352 views)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.