Home Forums WinForms controls Other WinForms controls SmartTreeview nodes inside SmartOutlookShortcutBar

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #18015 |

I’m populating a SmartUI v3.1 SmartOutlookShortcut bar for use as a navigational launchpad in an MDI-style application. The applications to be launched are organized into several groups. One of those groups has a large number (30+) applications that are organized into several sub-groups. So, what I would like to do is to display these sub-groups as a tree-view underneath the Outlook Group.

However, when I add the Treeview Nodes to the SmartOutlookShortcutbar I seem to lose the ability to expand and collapse any of the treeview nodes.

If I change the type of my SmartControl to a SmartTreeView I get back the ability to expand and collapse the treeview items. However, I lose certain functionality that I wanted as part of the SmartOutlookShortcutBar (for example, showing the currently active Group at the top of the control and moving all of the inactive groups to the bottom).

Is there a way I can get the functionality I need with the controls provided? Or, will I need to implement my own custom SmartItem-derived class that supports the Treeview functionality?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by vermeeca (had 2196 views)

User (Old forums)

You can subscribe to the desired node and on the click or doubleclick (depending on
    the behavior you would like) you could simply set the expended property. For example
    :

private void node4_DoubleClick(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    node4.Expanded = !node4.Expanded;
    }

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mexico (had 2960 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.