Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Slow Datagrid

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #24880 |

My datagrid is a little slow

Is that Normal? some tables have 1500 rows. How can I do to make it faster. Maybe not apply any theme?
    Scrolling the datagrid is the slowest part.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by XEVI (had 461 views)

Xceed Support

By default, the grid will take all the room that it requires; therefore, if it is not given a size constraint, such as when it is placed in a StackPanel, and a large amount of data items are present, UI virtualization will be lost—resulting in a significant loss in performance. To preserve UI virtualization when the grid is in a StackPanel, the MaxWidth and MaxHeight properties (or Width and Height) must be used to constrain the grid. As an alternative, a DockPanel or Grid can be used as both impose size constraints on their child elements.

Does this situtation apply?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 280 views)

User (Old forums)

My datagrid is created inside a grid on the layoutRoot, the executes maximized and the grid (datagrid) is increased his size configured to Auto.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by XEVI (had 226 views)

Xceed Support

If the width is set to Auto, the grid will occupy all the space that is available to it. Giving it constraints, such as setting its (or its parent’s) Width/Height properties to an explicit value should fix the problem.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 203 views)

User (Old forums)

That fixed the problem, but I’m afraid the scrollbar takes a little time when I drop the handler,
    I don’t know if this time is used to render or recalculate the render.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by XEVI (had 4287 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.