Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Single-record editing in vertical layout

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #15456 |

I am evaluating the XCeed Grid.

Please help me with the following:

Does the grid support single-record editing in vertical layout ?

For example, in the main screen, I have a grid showing all the contacts (Name, Company. Phone, Address, etc).
    When the user tries to edit a contact or add a new contact, I want a new grid with the contact fields laid out one below the other, for editing or viewing.

Is it possible using XCeed Grid ?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Rajesh (had 2310 views)

User (Old forums)

The only solution I see to this is to create a new form with a new unbound grid, that you will layout vertically as you want.

You can look at the Rich Cell editors sample that you find in the Xceed Grid Live Explorer (Start Menu -> All Programs -> Xceed Components -> Our components in action! -> Xceed Grid Live Explorer). The purpose of this sample is to show how to use different editors in the gird, but it reproduces what you want to accomplish, and it shows how to set up different editors in the same column, which would be the case in your scenario.

You will find the code here (VS2005 is in neighbor folder) :

C:\Program Files\Xceed Components\Xceed Grid for .NET <version>\Samples\VS.NET 2003\CSharp\RichCellEditor

Under Vista, it will be here :

C:\Xceed Component Samples\Xceed Grid for .NET <version>\Samples\CSharp\RichCellEditor

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 225 views)

User (Old forums)

I just wanted to chime in here and say that I’d love to see this added as a feature to the Grid. It would be nice to be able to put the grid into a mode where I could pass it a single record and have it do a vertical layout for editing. It’s a very common way to edit records so I think it would be a worthwhile addition to your grid.

Even better if the binding was set up nicely to tie two grids together so they’d work seamlessly like this.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by stevehiner (had 3538 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.