Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Setting .DataSource, but .Columns.Count = 0

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #14051 |

I’ve been using the grid control to good effect for about half a year now in a sizable project. I recently ran into an curious effect, though.

In one particular form, I have a DataView object with a 9-column, 3-row DataTable in it. I attempt to set the grid’s .DataSource property to that view and then, immediately after, discover that the grid’s .Columns property has 0 columns in it, unlike all other cases I’ve seen. The behavior was 100% repeatable in this case; not sporadic.

I gave up attempting to find the cause and simply deleted and recreated the control on the form. That resolved it.

I’m not sure if there is a bug in the control or I simply used it incorrectly. Just wanted to add an instance to your knowledge base if this is a known issue.

Thanks.

– Jim Carnicelli

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jim Carnicelli (had 2256 views)

User (Old forums)

I’ve had this problem too, but I figured it out. The actual databinding happens when the GridControl itself needs the data for the first time (when painting). To force the databinding to happen immediately, do this: <pre>grid.DataSource = view;
    if (grid.BindingContext == null) grid.BindingContext = new BindingContext();</pre>

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Tommy (had 198 views)

User (Old forums)

An interesting thought. I’ve added that to my code for good measure.

What was very curious about all this, though, is that when I deleted and reinstantiated the grid control on my form, everything worked. Perhaps this technique is relevant, under the surface, though.

Thanks a bunch for the feedback.

-Jim Carnicelli

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jim Carnicelli (had 3438 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.