Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Selecting cells

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #15348 |

Hi, I was wondering if it’s possible to do a free selection of cells within the grid results.
    The reason for this is for our clients to be able to select a segment of the grid results, highlight them, copy, and paste them into another app ie. excel, notepad etc.
    I know I can do with with rows, but havn’t found a way to do it with:
    1. columns.
    2. a group of cells.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by troy@querytool.com (had 2967 views)

User (Old forums)

This is not a supported feature in the grid, and is not something that is planned to be implemented.

It is something that can possibly be implemented, we have a sample (<a href=”http://www.xceedsoft.com/cs/download/XceedGrid/CSharp/MSFlex – SelectedCells.zip”>C#</a> or <a href=”http://www.xceedsoft.com/cs/download/XceedGrid/VisualBasicNet/MSFlex – SelectedCells VB.zip”>VB.NET</a>) that shows a basic implementation of this (for adjacent cells only), but it requires a lot of customization (deriving and overriding), and it is not something we will provide help/support in implementing.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 222 views)

User (Old forums)

That’s a real pity. In our experience, when users are presented with a grid of data they expect to be able to do excel-like things with it. This includes selecting a range of cells and copying the data, or summing these cells. Our users can do this with our current grid (which are planning to replace with Exceed Grid), and will be very unimpressed with losing this functionality.

Can I request an enhancement request to add other selection modes?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by troy@querytool.com (had 319 views)

User (Old forums)

I like that option too, maybe an option for the nearby futer afterall !!

martijn Pijpers

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martijn (had 4048 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.