Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Selecting a column…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #23704 |

I want to allow the user to click a column and have the entire column become selected (like selecting one or more columns in Exce). CTRL+Click for multiple selection/deselection. Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

Also, I would like to know when the user is hovering the mouse over a column header, a row selector, and an individual cell. Are there events that are this granular, or are there at least MouseEnter/MouseLeave events defined for each one of these where I can write my own hover events?

Thank you,
    Matt

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Matthew (had 549 views)

Xceed Support

We currently support only the selection/deselection of data items (DataRows).

Also, we do support the principle of a “current” Column (through CurrentColumn) but it is a single selection only.

If you need to support a multi-column selection scheme, you will need to extend the DataGridControl’s OM to fit your particular needs.

Concerning the hovering, we currently have no “granular” CLR events. It is however pretty easy to handle this kind of stuff via the RoutedEvents already present.

You can Register a Class Handler (EventManager.RegisterClassHandler ) for the MouseEnterEvent and MouseLeaveEvent for the ColumnManagerCell and perform you hover logic there.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 249 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks Marc.

Class handler works fine – I was always curious why WPF seems to shy away from having fine grained eventing. Infragistics requires a class handler as well. Right now I am evaluating both solutions (Infragistics vs Xceed) for a large WPF based financial application.

Do you have any examples on how to extend the object model to support something like column multi-select? This is something that Infragistics handles out of the box.

Matt

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Matthew (had 3233 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.