Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #21809 |

Does the Grid support a Search Row? I don’t see this in any of the samples or demo.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mark (had 4417 views)

Xceed Support

Unfortunately, there is currently no built-in searching solutions in the grid control.

While it is part of the list of features to be implemented, we would appreciate if you could describe what are the features that would be useful for you.

Meanwhile, if you need only basic “search” features (searching in a single column), you could design a FixedHeader which has a search field, and changing this search field would clear/set a Filter on the DataGridControl.Items.Filter property (your data source must support filtering).

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 391 views)

User (Old forums)

A used a grid control a few years back that provided a blank row at the top of the grid. In each column you could type a value or partial value. There was then an event that was trapped when the use press enter or clicked a button.

This event caught the fact that someone was editing the filter. In the event handler, you could construct a where clause and apply that to the data source bound to the grid.

Since this was part of the grid, when users moved and removed columns, the filter row matched as well.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mark (had 506 views)

Xceed Support

Thank you for your feedback, I’ll make sure your suggestions will be considered when designing the feature.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 340 views)

User (Old forums)

Is this functionality of search row in the grid provided in release 1.2 ? If yes can you provide me with the details or else can you provide me alternative option for this?

Thanks in advance !!!
    Regards,
    Mohini

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mohini (had 376 views)

Xceed Support

No, for more details on features available in the DataGrid for WPF, please refer to the features section of the DataGrid for WPF`s page:

<a href=”http://xceed.com/Grid_WPF_Features.html”>http://xceed.com/Grid_WPF_Features.html</a&gt;

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 5728 views)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.