Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Scroll wheel not working

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    #16010 |

On my form I have the following hierarchy:

Form -> ToolStripContainer -> TableLayoutPanel -> SplitContainerPanel -> XceedGrid

I’m trying to figure why scrolling using the scroll wheel is not working inside the grid. It should just work without explicitly binding any events, correct?

Thanks
    Derek

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Derek (had 5199 views)

Xceed Support

Yes, it should work directly without having to bind it in any particular way.

For example, if you drop the control on a form directly, the scroll wheel will work.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 273 views)

User (Old forums)

I’m somewhat confused now – I’ve tried creating a new, empty form and adding a datagrid and the mouse wheel scrolling still does not work by positioning the mouse over the grid and scrolling the wheel.

HOWEVER – If I first position the mouse over top of the scroll bar on the grid and then scroll the mouse wheel, it does work.

Why would that be?

Using latest version of the grid, .NET 3.5, Windows XP SP1.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Derek (had 612 views)

Xceed Support

I did my testing with the 3.7 version of the grid, but I do not think there any change (regarding this issue) in between versions.

Even if my mouse is out of the scope of the Grid (and the WinForm as well), I am able to scroll using the wheel without a problem.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 412 views)

User (Old forums)

This is strange indeed. I have tried everything I can think of and scrolling with the mouse wheel is not working unless I have the pointer positioned over the scroll bar itself.

I don’t suppose anyone else on the forum has had any such issue??

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Derek (had 4446 views)

User (Old forums)

HI, im having the same problem. Using Xceed.Grid 3.8. The wheel only works when mouse over the scrollbar. Any ideas?

Thank you!

jo

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by josefina (had 1339 views)

User (Old forums)

Extremely strange, actually. 

Are you using the standard Microsoft mouse driver or the something else?  What version of Windows with what service pack?  I would not be surprised if, due to some mouse settings, the data sent to the (Xceed) application were to vary depending on the context. 

If you can, you could perhaps use CamStudio (open source freeware) to record what is displayed on your monitor for a few seconds and then send the video to us at support@xceed.com so we have a least a “demo” of the problem. 

If I was you, I would investigate the Control Panel -> Mouse settings to make sure that the scroll button is not restricted to some particular contexts.  If you have a mouse application/driver/assistant that is loaded on startup, I would also verify this. 

The Grid for .NET doesn’t decide where a mouse is allowed to scroll.  If the mouse wheel do nothing when it should actually be doing something, it is almost certain that something (operation system settings, third party application settings) is preventing the scroll information from getting to the application.

Perhaps it could also be a good idea to observe how the mouse wheel behaves in other applications to try to understand what is happening. 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ghislain (had 1125 views)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.