Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Scroll tip displays no content in DataGrid for WPF v1.3

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #25836 |

Hi, I tried to set Deferred scrolling mode on your sample project Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.Samples.DataBinding. In file MainPage.xaml I set the ItemsScrollingBehaviour property to Deferred on the DataGridControl and ShowScrollTip to true on the TableView.

Unfortunately, when scrolling the scroll tip remains empty for all data source types except the first (DataTable as Source).

I hope there is a solution or workaround for this problem. This bug also shows up in my own project when I bind to a DataTable (via DataGridCollectionViewSource), which is populated manually (í.e., not filled by a database query).

Since we intend to use Xceed DataGrid for a LOB application in which we will feed 100.000+ rows into a DataGrid, deferred scrolling with a scroll tip is very important for us. Immediate scrolling is totally unusable for this large amount of data.

Thanx, Hubertus

hubertus.hohl@siemens.com

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Hubertus (had 2844 views)

User (Old forums)

I have been successfully using the ScrollTips. The things that I do are:

1) Define a DataTemplate which includes a Binding to one of my data’s properties:

<DataTemplate x:Key=”ScrollTipContentTemplate”>
    <TextBlock Margin=”-5,-5,-5,-5″
    Background=”LightYellow”
    Text=”{Binding Path=Title}”/>
    </DataTemplate>

2) In the C# initialisation of the grid I assign this DataTemplate to the Grid.View’s ScrollTipContentTemplate.

UIViewBase uiViewBase = this.View as UIViewBase;
    if (uiViewBase != null)
    {
    uiViewBase.ScrollTipContentTemplate = (DataTemplate)this.FindResource(“ScrollTipContentTemplate”);
    }

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Derek (had 629 views)

Xceed Support

This is obviously a bug in 1.3 and it is corrected in version 2.0.

The problem was that the ScrollTipContentTemplate was not updated on ItemsSource changed. A workaround would be to do it manually when the ItemsSource is changed.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Chris [Xceed] (had 546 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Christian, Hi Derek,

thanks for your valuable response! Until v2, we can live with the workaround suggest.

@Derek: The custom ScrollTipContentTemplate can also be defined in Xaml without using C#

<xcdg:TableView
    ShowScrollTip=”True”
    ScrollTipContentTemplate=”{StaticResource ScrollTipContentTemplate}”/>

Hubertus

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Hubertus (had 4323 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.