Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Scroll speed with large number of columns

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #16077 |

I have an application that I am trying to convince the user needs to be pulled out of Excel and put into a Windows .NET application due to the overall ease of maintenance of .NET vs VBA.

The main sticking point at the moment is the speed at which the grid (100 columns and 500 rows) scrolls. I have tried with both a bound and an unbound grid and it’s still quite slow.

At the moment there are no totalling rows or any calculations occurring, it’s a straight data dump.

Is there anything I can try to speed up the scrolling?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Christian (had 702 views)

Xceed Support

The problem here is that our Grid for Winforms virtualize only the DataRows, not the columns. Meaning that a grid (with the UIVirtualizationMode set to “Cells”) with 10 columns and 5000 rows will be faster than a grid with 100 columns and 500 rows. Otherwise, with the number of columns you are using, there might not be much more to do.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 488 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks for the reply Charles.

I’ve found that the speed of scrolling while debugging the application in VS2005 is significantly slower than the speed of scrolling while running the application once it’s built. I assume this is because of the debugging hooks that are applied through the IDE.

Needless to say I have found that the speed is fine (whilst running the actual application) and I’m sure our users will be happy.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Christian (had 964 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.