Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET SSL Implicit connection

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #20728 |

Hello,

I am trying to connect to a server using an implicit SSL connection that does not require a certificate. I know the connection works because I tested it with a com control we have. I am using a Dell client pc, PIII, with Windows XP. I am getting the following error when I run the code below–can’t even connect:

Unable to negotiate secure command connection. (reply code 431)

//*****************************************************************
    AsyncFtpClient client = new AsyncFtpClient();
    client.PassiveTransfer = true;

client.CommandSent += new CommandSentEventHandler( this.command_sent );
    client.ReplyReceived -= new ReplyReceivedEventHandler( this.FTP_ReplyReceived );

IAsyncResult result = client.BeginConnect(FTPServer,990,null,null);
    //*****************************************************************

Please help.

Thanks,

Tibor

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by tiborheld (had 3264 views)

User (Old forums)

You must use the BeginConnect overload that takes an AuthenticationMethod parameter:

http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/ftpNet/ref/xceed.ftp.asyncftpclient.beginconnect_overload_4.html

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martin (had 214 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks! I should have seen that; I apologize because I don’t understand a lot about secure ftp and SSL, and I am just learning .Net. I have used the BeginConnect method like thus:

IAsyncResult result = client.BeginConnect(FTPServer,int.Parse(FTPPort), AuthenticationMethod.Ssl,VerificationFlags.None,null,null,null);

and I am getting the following error:

The command socket was disconnected from the FTP server.

If this is another obvious parameter that I overlooked, I don’t expect a response 🙂

Thank you,

Tibor

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by tiborheld (had 3785 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.