Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Roadmap for upcoming V2.1 and V2.2

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Hello !

What about unbound columns in version 2.1?  I really need this feature.

I don’t know if there is a way to achieve this in version 2.0 . is there ?

Thanks in advance !

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Miguel (had 2580 views)

User (Old forums)

Good day,

1- One feature for us that is essential is the ability to join cells to produce scrollable headers like in this image:

Joined Cells

(http://cid-9eeb57eb098c0598.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Images/JoinedCells.JPG)

2- Another feature is to be able to programmatically add/remove rows/columns and control data without having to be bound to a dataset/array/etc.

I would appreciate if you could specify your intentions for those features.

Thank-you!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ferenc (had 1585 views)

User (Old forums)

A nice feature would also to allow locking the right had side columns. At the moment I can lock the left but if I could lock both that’d be cool.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Keith (had 2432 views)

User (Old forums)

How’s the performance improvement coming along? I just recently started looking into the datagrid for my company, but unless there are vast improvements in the vertical scroll speed, we are unable to use it.

I’m using a very simple grid based on a DataTable, do you have any ideas as to what is causing the “lag”?

As for feature requests, a simple rule-based filter like the one already in place would be a good idea. Many of our customers require that. (i.e. “<5 AND <10).

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by too (had 1867 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Performance improvements subjectively seem pretty good, we’re working on benchmarks now. See thread http://xceed.com/CS/forums/thread/13573.aspx for more info.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 1274 views)

User (Old forums)

[quote user=”too”]

How’s the performance improvement coming along? I just recently started looking into the datagrid for my company, but unless there are vast improvements in the vertical scroll speed, we are unable to use it.

I’m using a very simple grid based on a DataTable, do you have any ideas as to what is causing the “lag”?

As for feature requests, a simple rule-based filter like the one already in place would be a good idea. Many of our customers require that. (i.e. “<5 AND <10).

[/quote]

same here… The major lag in vertical scrolling is a major glitch that precludes this grid being from used in any non-trivial production project. If you could fix this, the product might be worth purchasing.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by David (had 1341 views)

User (Old forums)

We have implemented our own export to excel. There are a couple of areas we had trouble with so I’ll list them here in hopes that whatever you do in this area could fill in our gaps.

• The export should specify the proper datatypes for columns in the resulting spreadsheet. We had trouble in particular with datetime values.
    • The export should retain column header formatting.

Thanks.

Marty

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marty (had 2184 views)

User (Old forums)

What is the current release schedule? We really need custom sorting but we also have to release by Sept. Any chance Summer 2008 is August?

Please also support 3.0. Version 3.5 is a 198MB package which we don’t want to force our users to download, as many are in Asia and don’t have broadband Internet speeds. Version 3.0 is a more reasonable 50MB and has all the features we need.

Thanks

Mike

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mike (had 1416 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

We’re doing our best to release before the end of August, but no promises.

Version 3.0 runs on .NET 3.5 without SP1, yet still has the performance improvements that Microsoft introduced with SP1. At this point it is too late to reintroduce .NET 3.0 compatibility. The 3D views and a few other new features depend on .NET 3.5.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 1910 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

BTW, the newly released .NET Client Profile package is only 26 Megs.

http://blogs.msdn.com/somasegar/archive/2008/08/11/service-pack-1-for-vs-2008-and-net-fx-3-5-released.aspx

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 3615 views)

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.