Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Roadmap for upcoming V2.1 and V2.2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Spectator
    #26380 |

Here is the roadmap for the next two releases of Xceed DataGrid for WPF. If all goes well, this is how things will play out.

V2.1, scheduled for Summer 2008 :
    – Performance improvements (display, scrolling, memory, etc.)
    – Data virtualization (a.k.a. “Virtual Mode”, “Paging”, etc.)
    – True 3D interactive views (Album Cover, Carousel)
    – Multi-templated Cards
    – Column auto-sizing and last-column fill
    – Rich support for XML data sources
    – Improved validation, including IDataErrorInfo support
    – Support inserting even in non-IBindingList sources
    – Support Custom sorting
    – Snippet Explorer application
    – Target only .NET 3.5 and up

V2.2, Q3/Q4 2008 :
    – UI automation, QTP support
    – Export to Excel
    – Ability to persist and reapply user’s settings
    – More feature requests (keep ’em coming!)

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 12264 views)

User (Old forums)

Can you tell us more about export to excel? How will it work in general….we are planning to implement this on our own since we need it before Q3 and I would like to see if we should even think about postponing in order to use your version of it.

Also, about persisting and reapplying user’s settings: we are running 1.3x using XML data binding, and found in this version that when we replace the data island, user settings such as grouping, sorting, and column ordering are preserved. So what is the difference between this and what you are planning?

Thanks.

Marty

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marty (had 1509 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Hi Marty,

The details haven’t been worked out yet. We have an Export to Excel feature in Xceed Grid for .NET, our Windows Forms datagrid, and we will probably do something similar. On the other hand, now’s a great time for you (and others) to let us know how you would like to see it done, and what features are important to you.

The persisting feature we plan will let you persist and reapply settings even after your application quits and is rerun.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 3503 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Odi,

Is Print Preview functionality part of V2.1 or V2.2 ?

Thank you,

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Harold (had 1328 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Harold,

I do not believe that print preview will be part of the next release (2.1), so hopefully it will make it in 2.2. 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 1213 views)

User (Old forums)

Could you extend a little more on “Data Virtualization Feature?? that sounds very interesting.

Any date from now? June? July? August?

Greetings

Carlos de Luna

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by charlymoon (had 1083 views)

User (Old forums)

Hello,

I noticed that your .net grid has reporting capabilities.  I am wondering if you are planning to add some reporting capabilities in the future to your WPF DataGridControl?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by David (had 875 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

It turns out that a lot of the reporting capabilities in Xceed Grid for .NET are already present in Xceed DataGrid for WPF, but with printer output (or XPS export) only. Is it the ability to output the report in Excel or .TIFF or .JPG formats that you are really requesting, or other specific reporting features?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 669 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Odi,

Currently my company is using the WPF DataGrid for internal use.  But I was thinking that we could possible incorporate it into our software for a perhaps a easier way for our customers to make reports.  Many of our customers use Crystal Reports and most of our customers struggle quite a bit with Crystal.

Well in any case…I was playing around with the .Net DataGrid demo and I saw the Create Reports sample.  If you click on the button Using built-in end user report form pops-up.  This is really slick and looks like it would be fairly easy for our average customer to make their own reports.  I guess I am assuming that that dialog box is a component of the .Net DataGrid?  I really like how its really easy to save new reports and also that you can export to html, pdf, tiff and jpeg.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by David (had 1081 views)

User (Old forums)

Hello,

Was adding these report capabilities something being looked into?  If so thats great…if not then I will have to look into the other options out there.  I just don’t want to re-invent the wheel by developing this capability and then finding out you Datagrid also added it.  [:O]

[B] 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by David (had 870 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

We don’t know yet – it doesn’t currently look like it will be a v2.2 feature, but once v2.1 is released, we’ll revise the roadmap and hopefully, show the roadmap for v2.3 as well, where you’d get a better idea if it will become available or not anytime soon.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 2462 views)

User (Old forums)

Is there a feature request in for min and max dates on the datepicker? I have been looking for a workaround for this and not found one (other than our own control as a cell editor) and noticed a few others asking for it too..?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Trevor (had 2144 views)

User (Old forums)

Hello, we are currently using Xceed Wpf datagrid for software design.

We would like to know when the next release is planned for release. You indicated in previous posts that v2.1 should be released during the summer 08.

Could you confirm / tell us when the release is likely to go live ?

Regards

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by sse (had 1880 views)

User (Old forums)

[quote user=”Trevor”]Is there a feature request in for min and max dates on the datepicker? I have been looking for a workaround for this and not found one (other than our own control as a cell editor) and noticed a few others asking for it too..?
    [/quote]

sorry, forgot to mention, it would also be nice to be able to prevent selection of weekends and specific dates (for bank holidays).

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Trevor (had 2179 views)

Xceed Support

Persist and reapply user’s settings:

Do you already have an idea of what this feature will look like?

Actually, I am mainly interested in two points:

– we like to persist user specific settings on a remote server and thus would like to store only a very limited set of user settings, will there be options to reduce the amount of data stored?

– will there be support for more than one setting per user? Sometimes it is nice to provide several presets with each grid which reorder columns and show/hide some of them. Surely, this can be achieved using external controls, once that user settings work out, but it might be much nicer if there was a standardized way of integrating some preset-switcher-button-bar or combo into the grid-UI.

Best regards,

Simon

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Simon (had 2410 views)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.