Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF RightToLeft Flow and Grouping

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #21833 |

Just so You know
    When in RightToLeft flow and dragging column to the grouping are, the faded header is dragged in the opposite direction from the mouse.

Additional suggestions:
    1. Filter is a must, you know the type where the first row is used to filter the data or something like that.
    2. Excell like filter (Using right click on the column header)

Other than that great job guys

Itzik

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Itzik (had 3288 views)

Xceed Support

Thank you for your feedback, your suggestions have been noted.

As for the RightToLeft problem, this have been a known issue, that have been fixed in the past (before initial release)… I am not able to reproduce it so I’d be extremely interested in having more details on how you can reproduce this issue. Information like:

– Is the problem visible for you in the LiveExplorer XBAP SolidFoundation sample?
    – If in another application, how are you setting up the RightToLeft ?(on which elements, in any styles or ControlTemplates?)
    – Is it only when dragging the column headers over the group by area?

In fact, any additional information can help.

Thanks

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 269 views)

User (Old forums)

OK

I can see what you mean.
    I took your Grouping CS example and set the page RightToLeft – Works Great
    Set teh window RightToLeft – and then you could see the weired behavior, by the way in your example the grid won’t even flow from right to left in this scenario.

Do I have to have a Page object which contains the grid?
    I am using a user control with its FlowDirection set into right to left and it doesn’t work.
    Itzik

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Itzik (had 368 views)

Xceed Support

OK, I have been able to reproduce the issue from your repro steps and I updated the bug report for this issue.

In the mean time, if you need the content of a Window to be RightToLeft, instead of setting the FlowDirection directly on the window, you could set it on the first child of the window, and this should prevent the weird behavior.

If there is a ScrollViewer somewhere “above” the DataGridControl in the visual tree, then you might run into additional problems using this “workaround”.

Also, setting the FlowDirection on the first child will make it so that the Window’s Title bar will not be RightToLeft.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 4581 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.