Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Required files for FTP library

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #20970 |

In my application that uses the Xceed FTP library, I reference the FTP and the FileSystem libraries. When I build the application, 3 DLL files are copied to my program folder (Xceed.Compression.PPMd.dll, Xceed.FileSystem.dll, and Xceed.Ftp).

When a user tries to run the program, they get an error message stating that the Xceed.Compression.dll file can not be found. Exactly what files do I need to distribute and why are they not copied to my program folder along with the 3 DLLs I mention above?

I am using VS.NET 2008, C#, and building for framework 2.0.

Thanks Cjr

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Chris (had 3994 views)

Xceed Support

What version of the product are you using? There was a problem with the 3.6 version that was adding a reference to Xceed.Compression.PPMd.dll (which was useless).

When <a href=”http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/XceedFileSystem/Methods_of_deployment.html”>deploying</a&gt; an application with FTP for .NET, you need the following .dlls:

Xceed.Ftp.dll
    Xceed.Compression.dll
    Xceed.Compression.Formats.dll
    Xceed.FileSystem.dll

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 289 views)

User (Old forums)

I have the latest version now. I was at 3.5 but I have recently purchased 3.7.

I assume that I have to reference the DLL’s in my solution since they are not automatically included in my build.

Thanks for the info!

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Chris (had 617 views)

Xceed Support

That’s exactly it!

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 4911 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.