Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Request for sample Theme project

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    #27145 |

I think this is common for newbie or expert that using wpf datagrid. DataGrid is used for lots of pages in application so repeatly styling is time consuming job. Theme project is savior. But there’s no sample for that except very basic step in tutorial in companion. I spent 2 days with theme project and didn’t get any progress. Xceed guys should consider for a sample and tutorial to build simple theme like re-pro Lunar/Glass theme in theme project will be lovely.

Duy T. Doan

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by allforum (had 1434 views)

User (Old forums)

Yes, this is definitely something that we would like to find time to do ! Meanwhile, do you have any specific questions I could help you with?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Matt (had 987 views)

User (Old forums)

Oh wait, have you seen this : http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/XceedWpfDataGrid/Creating_a_Custom_Theme.html. Jenny already wrote something that should help you get started :).

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Matt (had 608 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks Matt. Your link is the content of tutorial to create custom theme include in Help file that i followed step by step before post this request. I’m currently facing an issue with ScrollBars. I don’t know why my theme dont have a veticalscrollbar instead of a black place holder. HorizontalScrollBar is always auto dont’t care any setting. I also tried implicit setting in grid Resource section but they just disappear. I want the scrollbars always visible. How can i do that in custom theme.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by allforum (had 680 views)

User (Old forums)

Matt oi, i almost give up with this. i tried to add some lines like this, the scrollbar appear with PresentationFramework theme default. My target is use custom scrollbar too. I made a custom scrollbar and added into Style resource but still don’t effect. What i’m missing;

<!–**************************

* STYLE: DataGridControl

************************** –>

<Style x:Key=”tableViewBlackFlatGridControlStyle” TargetType=”xcdg:DataGridControl”>

<Style.Resources>

<ResourceDictionary>

<ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>

<ResourceDictionary Source=”/PresentationFramework.Aero;V3.0.0.0;31bf3856ad364e35;component\themes/aero.normalcolor.xaml” />

</ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>

</ResourceDictionary>

</Style.Resources>

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by allforum (had 1576 views)

User (Old forums)

The grid uses it’s own type of scrollviewer, have you tried to redo the style of the TableViewScrollViewer? Like the following :

<Style TargetType=”xcdg:TableViewScrollViewer”>

<Setter Property=”HorizontalScrollBarVisibility”

Value=”Visible” />

<Setter Property=”VerticalScrollBarVisibility”

Value=”Visible” />
    </Style>

This worked for me, let me know !

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Matt (had 604 views)

User (Old forums)

Yes, i tried that already. OK. If you have time, follow step by step in Custom theme tutorial and create a custom theme then try to make scrollbars always visible. You will see the problem. I think it is a bug in custom theme loading.

Thanks for your concern on my post.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by allforum (had 576 views)

User (Old forums)

I’ve talked to one of the dev and apparently the TableViewScrollViewer cannot be styled via ThemeKeys. We’ve added a request to fix this for a future release. Meanwhile, feel free to use my solution (outside of a theme application) which should give you the desired result. You can get a bit more info here :

http://xceed.com/CS/forums/thread/11975.aspx

oooops, didn’t notice this was your thread :S

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Matt (had 1109 views)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.