Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Repeated Bound Columns in GridControl

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #14727 |

Hi.
    I’ve been trying to have a bound column repeated and it seems to be imposible.
    Is there a way to workarround the creation of a duplicated column?

I’m havig this problem.

I’ve a table for products with two columns, ProductCode and ProductName. These colums should be bound to the same datafield in the database dataSet (product code) because the underliying table is just one column with product codes. I’m doing this because I want to permit user to choose a product code either its ProductCode or its productName, but both colums have the same bound column (then each column has a different combobox to pick the product).

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by PabloNieto (had 2470 views)

User (Old forums)

It is not possible to do it this way. One solution is to bind the product code field to the product code column in the grid, and make a second unbound product name column. Then when filling the grid with the data, you can use the AddingDataRow event to populate this column with product names link to the product code.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 199 views)

User (Old forums)

I see. I already worked around the problem that way but I thought it wasn’t very reluctant. It’s a pitty, taking into account the MS DataGridView supports it out of the box.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by PabloNieto (had 3481 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.