Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Removing Drag a columnheader here to group …

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #22119 |

How can i remove or Edit the “Drag a column header here to group by that column”?? and Theme the rest of the this DataGridControl. As of right now I have a Black Background with White all around the Left side,Column and the ScrollBar..

<xcdg:DataGridControl Margin=”149.784,0,124.688,8″ Background=”#FF000000″ x:Name=”userLB” Grid.RowSpan=”2″ BorderBrush=”{x:Null}” Grid.ColumnSpan=”2″
    Foreground=”#FFFFFFFF”>
    <xcdg:DataGridControl.View>
    <xcdg:TableView HorizontalGridLineThickness=”1″ VerticalGridLineThickness=”1″>
    <xcdg:TableView.HorizontalGridLineBrush>
    <SolidColorBrush Color=”Green”/>
    </xcdg:TableView.HorizontalGridLineBrush>
    <xcdg:TableView.VerticalGridLineBrush>
    <SolidColorBrush Color=”Green”/>
    </xcdg:TableView.VerticalGridLineBrush>
    <xcdg:TableView.Theme>
    <xcdg:AeroNormalColorTheme/>
    </xcdg:TableView.Theme>
    </xcdg:TableView>
    </xcdg:DataGridControl.View>
    <xcdg:DataGridControl.Columns>
    <xcdg:Column FieldName=”User”
    Title=”User”
    MinWidth=”100″
    MaxWidth=”100″/>
    <xcdg:Column FieldName=”Cam”
    Title=”Cam”
    MinWidth=”50″
    MaxWidth=”50″/>
    <xcdg:Column FieldName=”Voice”
    Title=”Voice”
    MinWidth=”50″
    MaxWidth=”50″/>
    <xcdg:Column FieldName=”User Status”
    Title=”UserStatus”
    MinWidth=”100″
    MaxWidth=”100″/>
    </xcdg:DataGridControl.Columns>
    <GridViewColumnHeader Width=”100″ Height=”100″ Content=”GridViewColumnHeader”/>

</xcdg:DataGridControl>

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Gerry (had 3560 views)

Xceed Support

In order to remove the GroupByControl from the list of FixedHeaders, refer to this post:

<a href=”http://forums.xceed.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=5775″>http://forums.xceed.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=5775</a&gt;

Concerning the “GridViewColumnHeader” seen in your XAML:

– The DataGridControl does not work with the controls for the GridView (ListView control), using this object will therefore have no particular effects. The default view of the DataGridControl already includes a ColumnManagerRow, which displays the Column Headers.
    – In addition, since the DataGridControl allows adding items directly to its Items collection when there is no ItemsSource (unbound mode), placing this object there “adds” it to the list of items (that’s the reason why you see 1 empty row when you run this snippet of XAML ).

Finally, concerning the styling of the DataGridControl: You can modify any Style and/or Template for any of our controls by adding implicit resources in the resource dictionary of the window/page or even DataGridControl…

We are working on creating a guide/tutorial on how to “skin” the DataGridControl, but its not ready yet…

In the mean time, if you can explain in this thread what is the look/effect you are trying to create for each of the elements of the grid, we can point you in the appropriate direction.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 432 views)

User (Old forums)

Ok,thxs for the help on that…Now can i get some help with another problem, adding Data to my DataControl..Here are the Columns i need to setup but only need to add Data to one of them at the present time..

The Column below “User” in my program is a Chat Based program with a Server Side to it, the information coming in is by “String”. What i need some help with is getting my Current C# code to add the User to that Column as a Text Block and have the name come up in a Lime color…

Below the Xaml is a section of C# Code that has a “Delegate” for a Dispatcher.Invoke Thread..Thxs for the Help Rattlerr,So far i really like this control and considering purchasing it and others for my Business..

<xcdg:DataGridControl.Columns>
    <xcdg:Column FieldName=”User”
    Title=”User”
    MinWidth=”100″
    MaxWidth=”220″/>
    <xcdg:Column FieldName=”Cam”
    Title=”Cam”
    MinWidth=”50″
    MaxWidth=”90″/>
    <xcdg:Column FieldName=”Voice”
    Title=”Voice”
    MinWidth=”50″
    MaxWidth=”90″/>
    <xcdg:Column FieldName=”User Status”
    Title=”UserStatus”
    MinWidth=”100″
    MaxWidth=”220″/>
    </xcdg:DataGridControl.Columns>

==========================================================
    This is the section of Code that is a “String” that i need to Modifiy to “Update” the Column (User) above..

public delegate void delUpdateHistory(string str);
    public void UpdateHistory(string str)
    {
    Window2 w2 = new Window2();
    if (str.StartsWith(“[Join]”))
    {
    int nameLength = str.IndexOf(“]”, 6);
    userDC.Items.Add(str.Substring(7, nameLength – 7));
    return;
    }

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Gerry (had 4582 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.