Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Recursive tree data

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #23035 |

Hello,

I have seen the demonstration of the DataGrid control. We are interested in purchasing some controls to speed up our development process. The DataGrid control seems very flexible but for us it is lacking in one area.

We have, in places, a data structure that is a recursive tree. Each node in the tree can be represented as a row in the grid. All nodes have the same columns. But we want to give the user the option to expand and collapse nodes. I know this sounds very similar to the grouping option of the datagrid, but that grouping option does not allow for the summarization of data on the group level. (The grouped structure is a tree where only the leaf nodes have columns.)

Are there plans for implementing such functionality, and if so, is there a release date?

Alternatively, is it possible to have rows in the grid expand rows below it? (A flat table, but a programmaticaly implied hierachy.)

Thanks in advance for any help,
    Frans Boerboom
    Archimeta Technology B.V.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Frans (had 2082 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Frans,

This is a feature that has been requested a couple of times by other users, and we have it on our list.

Unfortunately, I cannot say if/when we will implement it.

Thanks for your feedback!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pascal (had 3053 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.