Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET Real Time zipping an Abstract File array?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #19912 |

Hello everyone.

I have a zip file on disk. Some of the files in the zip are ‘stored’ having 0% compression. I have been asked to rezip the file and compress the candidate files with Real Time.

I guess the question is this.

Since Real Time doesn’t support ‘Stored’, I can pull an Abstract File array using standard Xceed.zip.ZipArchive

AbstractFile[] myArray = zip.GetFiles(“*.*”);

Is it now possible to iterate through this array and write it back out with
    the Real Time ZipWriter?

I tried the below code but since the Abstract file is not a .zip file, it doesn’t work.
    Alternative suggestions welcome.

————
    newZipStream = new FileStream(@”c:\” + item.ItemName + “.test.zip”, FileMode.Create);

using (zipWriter = new Xceed.Zip.ReaderWriter.ZipWriter(newZipStream))
    {
    Xceed.Zip.ZipArchive zip = new ZipArchive(new Xceed.FileSystem.DiskFile(zipPath));
    Xceed.FileSystem.AbstractFile[] zipContentFiles = zip.GetFiles(true, “*.*”);

foreach (Xceed.FileSystem.AbstractFile zipContentFile in zipContentFiles)//iterate array
    {
    zipContentStream = zipContentFile.OpenRead();

Xceed.Zip.ReaderWriter.ZipReader zReadIn = new Xceed.Zip.ReaderWriter.ZipReader(zipContentStream);

Xceed.Zip.ReaderWriter.ZipItemLocalHeader newHeader = newXceed.Zip.ReaderWriter.ZipItemLocalHeader(zipContentFile.FullName, Xceed.Compression.CompressionMethod.Deflated, Xceed.Compression.CompressionLevel.Normal);

zipWriter.WriteItemLocalHeader(newHeader);

byte[] buffer = new byte[1024];
    int read = 0;

while ((read = zReadIn.ReadItemData(buffer, 0, buffer.Length)) > 0)
    {
    zipWriter.WriteItemData(buffer, 0, read);
    }
    zipContentStream.Close();
    }
    }
    —————–
    Thanks everyone.
    Patrick

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Patrick (had 2926 views)

User (Old forums)

You don’t specify the exception that you get, so I’m not sure why this does not work, but one thing is sure, you don’t need to use the ZipReader to get the content of the file into memory to be able to feed it back to the ZipWriter. You can do it directly through a stream.

Note that the files returned by the ZipArchive.GetFiles are ZippedFile’s, so when reading from them through the OpenRead() method, it decompresses them.

I tested the code below, and it works fine :

<code>
    using( FileStream fileStream = new FileStream( @”D:\temp\zipWriter.zip”, FileMode.Create ) )
    {
    using( ZipWriter zipWriter = new ZipWriter( fileStream ) )
    {
    ZipArchive archive = new ZipArchive( new DiskFile( @”D:\temp\audio.zip” ) );
    AbstractFile[] files = archive.GetFiles( true );

foreach( AbstractFile file in files )
    {
    zipWriter.WriteItemLocalHeader( new ZipItemLocalHeader( file.Name, Xceed.Compression.CompressionMethod.Deflated, Xceed.Compression.CompressionLevel.Normal ) );
    using( Stream stream = file.OpenRead() )
    {
    byte[] buffer = new byte[ 32768 ];
    int bytesRead = 0;

while( ( bytesRead = stream.Read( buffer, 0, buffer.Length ) ) > 0 )
    {
    zipWriter.WriteItemData( buffer, 0, bytesRead );
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }
    </code>

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 3619 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.